usb loader GX crash on grid view.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Risingdawn, May 5, 2015.

1. Risingdawn
    OP

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys, first apologies for creating a thread on this I usually lurk/search/figure it out myself but this time I'm stumped.

Issue 1:wii games installed via usb loader gx crash back to system menu when trying to load, they install fine,they also play fine when clean rip and converted to wbfs.

Issue 2:usb loader gx crashes (dsi exception dump I think) when selecting grid view.

Usb loader gx ver 3
    Cios are 249/56 250/57 251/58 and d2s cios ver10 (52) from memory, the most stable recommended anyway.
    Hdd is formatted 1partition fat32/2ndpartition ntfs
    Discs are installed into root/wbfs on fat32, downloaded iso/clean rip coverted wbfs manager wbfs's work 100% as do all gamecube via nintendont,wads,emulators etc.

These are my last/only 2issues left, I cant sys check right now as not at home apologies.

Many thanks to everyone out there on the homebrew scene I have followed you from the shadows for like 6 years and you all do fantastic work lol

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    are you on wii or wiiu?

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I already asked him (in another thread) if he was using a custom theme for his system menu, that could be why the "channel layout" (grid mode?) is freezing.
    USBGX is loading resources from the console, if the files are bad it will create issues.
    still waiting for his answer.

but seeing he posted this thread in WiiU section I guess he is using vWii.
    so I doubt he installed a custom theme.
    Like asked in the other thread, did you try to boot the loader without HDD and go to banner layout?
    does it crash with no games?

same question than the other user:
    Are you using Y-cable?
    Use it. it fixes a lot of HDD issues.

4. Risingdawn
    OP

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys sorry for late reply's,

Yes vWii
    It's channel grid and it doesn't crash without a hdd plugged in, which is strange because the channels/wads aren't installed to hdd, I have forwarders installed that's about it but they are installed as wads from sd hmmm.
    I'm not using a Y cable, it's a seagate 2tb external power, 2 partitions fat32/ntfs all wii/gc installed on fat32

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if it crash only when the drive is connected, it could be a bad banner.
    (grid is the one with banner animation, right?)

So, either one of the cached banner is wrong, or one of your game is corrupted.
    - Try disabling banner cache (setting>banner setting>use cache) and reboot
    if it doesn't crash anymore, try deleting the banner cache folder (usbloader_gx/cachebnr/), then re-enable cache setting.
    - If it crash again, one of your game has a bad banner. try to filter your games by categories or favorite etc. (while you are in list layout) and go to banner layout to see if the displayed game are crashing.
    do it until you find the bad game.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.