USB Loader GX channel not working; gamecube games also broken

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tmujir955, Aug 8, 2011.

1. tmujir955
    OP

Newcomer tmujir955 Advanced Member

United States
    Hi all. Recently my USB Loader GX channel has stopped working. It will start up, go to a black screen, and then go back to Home. How can I fix this?

Another issue I have is my Wii's refusal to launch Gamecube games. When trying to use the Gamecube Backup Launcher, I get the following error:

Failed to read DVD 263
    Error 0x3023a00 No Disk

The weird thing is, this is a LEGIT Gamecube game (Mario Kart: Double Dash!) that isn't working. It also does not work if I try to start it up in the Disc channel. It doesn't recognize it. I don't think the problem is the disc not working, as it runs fine on my Gamecube.

Thank you guys in advance! I haven't updated anything on my Wii for a while, so I'm not sure what info to provide that would help you guys help me. The firmware on my Wii is 4.2U, if that helps.

2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Your USB Loader GX troubles are probably due to cIOS issues. Post a SysCheck report so we can determine if your cIOS are the problem or not. If you need instructions on how to post a SysCheck report see, JoostinOnline's tutorial: Posting a System Check, Instructions to create and post a SysCheck properly.

Your GC loading issues seem odd. Original GC discs should launch from the disc channel without fail. It might be an issue with your cMIOS, which would fall in line with your Wii having its system files changed somehow. Again, post that SysCheck report.

-[]D

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I would guess he updated the USBLoaderGX channel, but he don't have IOS58 so it blackscreen and just return to Wii menu.

4. tmujir955
    OP

Newcomer tmujir955 Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for your informative reply!

Here is what happened. SysCheck v2.0.1 ran without a hitch, but SysCheck v2.1.0b9 locked up with an error almost immediately.

Here is the report SysCheck v2.0.1 made:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I hope that helps identify the problem.

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I guessed wrong [​IMG]

You have IOS58 already installed.
    You have cIOS249 (rev17, which is fine for WBFS partition)
    You have cIOS250 (rev 65535, so it's either rev18, 19, 20 or 21. Fine for FAT32 and NTFS.)
    You have a d2x v3 installed in Slot 200 ? this is a very uncommon place to install it, but it's up to you, as long as homebrew let you select it.

• If you are still using WBFS :
    I would recommend to update only your slot 250 with cIOS d2x v6 [base 56] (You have two way to install it, wad or installer)
    Keep your cIOS249, can be useful for old Wad managers, and is good enough for Nand emulation (Triiforce, Mighty Channel)

•If you want to update your HDD to FAT32/NTFS (also work with WBFS):
    install in slot249 the d2x v6 [Base 56] : Use this one as default slot for your USBloaders.
    install in slot250 the d2x v6 [Base 57] : Use this one only for specific games (Call of Duty).

in both case, do not use (or update) your slot200 to d2x v6 (whatever base you need. but 56 and 57 and the needed base only)

About the channels not working :

- USBloader Forwarder : check that you still have the USBloader dol in the correct path SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
    Maybe after doing an automatic update it got extracted with a wrong filename or is corrupted, try to redownload it(r1108) manually and replace the file). If you want to use slot250 instead of slot249, set the arguments in the meta.xml (ask here if you don't know how).
    You can also reinstall the forwarder to have the latest version which read meta.xml arguments to select slot200 or 250 if you use a FAT32 HDD for example.

- Gamecube : You might have installed a cMIOS from installer0.2, which doesn't work with Original games disc.
    Re-launch the cMIOS installer and install it again as a clean MIOS to run original game cube disk. Repatch it to run burned disc.

Or you can try to install it without including the loader in the MIOS, and use neogamma to launch the burned games, instead of including the launcher in the MIOS for it to boot with Disc channel. Just an additional step to launch backups, but it would launch both backup and original without reinstalling MIOS every time.

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Retail GC games don't work with WiiGator's GC backup launcher. Install the cMIOS from here:
    http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

This will allow you to play retail games from disc channel, and backups from NeoGamma. If retail GC games still won't work in the disc channel, it's an IOS, system menu, priiloader or modchip problem, not a MIOS/cMIOS problem.

If GC backups don't work, it's a cIOS or drive problem then.