USB Loader GX can't find my HD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by shadowfire36, Mar 20, 2016.

1. shadowfire36
    OP

shadowfire36 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2016
    United States
    I actually have 2 issues
    The 1st is ,USB Loader GX can't find my HD i keep having issues and tried all the port s.i also have updated to the latest version of USB Loader GX 1236.I can im not sure why but my Wiiflow seems to pic it up just find .

The other issue is Zelda skyward sword doesnt seem to load in wiiflow ..can anyone run skyward sword on a Wii U from an HD?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    1. current "latest" is r1260.
    You may have to update twice if you have a revision before r1256. (one to latest googlecode, second to latest real revision from sourceforge)
    If the internal update menu doesn't work, it's due to googlecode which closed their servers.
    you'll have to update manually to a revision > r1257

2. You need a Ycable on WiiU if your drive is not externally powered.

3. USBLoaderGX has an issue with HDD USB3.0 detection with cIOS. I don't know why. Set the loader's IOS to 58 (like wiiflow) and it should work.

3. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    Cyan went faster.

4. shadowfire36
    OP

shadowfire36 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2016
    United States
    1 did , and stll doesnt see my drive

2 yes i have a y cable , my wii flow seems to work fine , just not usb gx loader

3. i dont have an option o set i0s58 . only option seems to be 249

5. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    If you are saving your games to emunand then skyward sword wont work make sure you are saving games to the system memory.

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    1. Launch USBLoaderGX without the HDD connected.
    Be sure you see the revision number on the launch screen, if not you probably are loading an old channel (not an official release). launch from HBC instead.

2. go to settings > Loader settings

3. search the line "Loader's IOS"
    edit the value from 249 to 58
    Do not edit the "Game's IOS" line. it must be 249 or even 250 for better game compatibility.

4. Exit the loader, reconnect your drive, start the loader.
    If you don't see any games, be sure to enable Wii (or anything else) in the 4th icon in the top menu.