USB Loader GX black screen

homebrew

That_One_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am kind of new to the Wii homebrewing and I can't seem to find a fix anywhere. I properly formatted my micro SD card (I use an adapter to USB). no matter what I do I always get a black screen while trying to load into Wii .wbfs files. before asking if I checked language I did the Wii is 4.3U and set to English. I tried changing the "GameIOS" (I don't remember what it is called) to 249, 250, 251. none worked I had reinstalled the cIOS and changed the 250 to 57 and the 251 to 56 or whatever the swap of the normal is. I do believe I have tried every "fix" I could find.

I don't care how people answer me. through the thread works but if possible a discord call where we could try many things while being able to se what is done would be Ideal.

My discord is: N0MERCY4ANYONE#8402

Thanks in advance!

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you're placing your games on the SD card and then you're using an adapter so that it functions as USB storage on your Wii?

1. Format your SD card to FAT32 with the cluster size set to 32k.
  2. Use Wii Backup Manager to install your games to the SD card with the correct names.
  3. Download USB Loader GX r1281 and extract it to your SD card.
  4. Download the d2x v11 installer attached to this post and extract it to your SD card.
  5. Boot the d2x installer and install the d2x v11 cIOS as follows.
    • Base 38, slot 248, revision 65535
    • Base 56, slot 249, revision 65535
    • Base 57, slot 250, revision 65535
    • Base 58, slot 251, revision 65535

You shouldn't need to change the cIOS used for games as the auto setting will do everything for you.

If you had a micro SD to SD adapter then you could of tried using SD card mode.

Last edited by blackb0x,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did everything you said to do and it still wont work
Then there's a good chance that your WBFS files are bad or your adapter isn't fully compatible.

If you've got a micro SD to SD card adapter then you could try using the loader in SD card mode. Otherwise just make sure that your games are redump verified.

Reactions: Sypherone

Swampycow

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this problem too, although I was trying to run games straight from a USB flash drive. Fixed it by reformatting the device to WBFS using Wii Backup Manager. If that doesn't work, pretty sure your SD USB is just incompatible...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...