USB Loader GX 3.0 "Failed to identify cIOS" Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Project_J, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Project_J
    OP

Project_J Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Hey, sorry for the lack of details. I succeeded in getting USB Loader GX (version 3.0) up and running on my Wii some years ago now. It was working a-ok, but then during a recent Christmas party one of my cousins on my stepdad's side decided to play around in the homebrew channel. Now whenever I try to boot up USB Loader GX, it tells me "USB Loader GX failed to identify any cIOS. cIOS 222 or 245-250 is required." I know I had this problem before, but it was so long ago that I forget how I solved it. What's worse, I have no clue what even got changed around in the first place.

cIOS 222 Installer v5, d2x cIOS Installer, IOS 236 Installer/Uninstall and wad manager are all on the Homebrew Channel, and those are the only things that I feel like might have done something. My suspicion is he played around in d2x cIOS Installer, but again, no real idea.

Sorry again if there's not enough details. Hopefully someone here can help out. Anything would be appreciated.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Reinstall d2x in 249 base 56 and 250 base 57 and then remove the cIOS/IOS236 installers so this doesn't happen again.

3. Project_J
    OP

Project_J Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    I just tried, but the problem persists. For both cIOS, it told me the install failed. Is there something I am missing?

4. Project_J
    OP

Project_J Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    http://imgur.com/a/qCk6F

Basically, this is what it looks like when I try to install, and then the second image is just the failure screen. I appreciate the help so far, but I'm kind of at a loss.

Last edited by Project_J, Jan 2, 2016
  5. 466

466 yes, it says 466

Mar 28, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Earth
    Could you do a sysCheck for us?