Hacking USB Loader - Guide for dummies

dancemb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there is a guide, but it was produced back in March 09 and im sure that it has now been updated all these months later.

As I know nothing about this, I need a "guide for dummies/newbies" about what I need and a guide from start to finish basically, with the links to the software that I will need to get this working.

I assume there is a place to go to get these ROMS as well to put onto the USB stick in some special way?

sirhc6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tutorials would be taken down if they did not work
smile.gif

ps, there not reaally roms anymore, just the image files of the games. There are places where you can illegally download them, but alot of people use the backup loaders to load the "backups" of there own games
smile.gif

but yea, the tutorial in the hacking forum for "ANY WII" will work, and then move over here to a backup loader!

dancemb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didnt realise that I needed to have a Modchip installed for this to work off of a USB HDD!
huh.gif

I thought it was just a case of having those certain files installed on an SD Card, and then the USB HDD with the ISO games already loaded.

I thought it might be a little more tricky than that, tell me if im wrong....

sirhc6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uh no a softmod means no hard modding (ex no chip). basically the modding involves, flashing (updating software) the retail software so that you can do what you want. but in the process you put software on your sd card that is used by the new software on your wii. you can use a usb loader without a chip! follow the tut's!
smile.gif

dancemb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at the topics and the stickys, is the following the correct procedure:

1) Aquire an external USB drive (upto 500gb)
2) Aquire an SD card (At least 1gb)
3) Install the wii Homebrew channel (sure its available on the channel create on the wii)

Load the file onto the SD Card from the files extracted from the cIOS38r14 installer & Hermes cIOS222/223 installer
Download WBFS Manager onto desktop computer (WBFS Intelligent GUI v6 looks the best one)
Create the WBFS partition on the USB external drive using the manager program

Download or rip the wii games onto the USB external drive
Finally, plug in the USB external drive, boot up the homebrew channel and open the games off the HDD from there and play!

If I have missed any steps, could someone please tell me where I am going wrong, as this is the process I can see looking at all the detailed guides available

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night