(usb loader) games seem to get corrupted by adding them to drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by crt, Apr 20, 2009.

1. crt
    OP

crt Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I've got the following problem:
    I found several games which run fine till a specific point at which they freeze. Ususally this happens during videos or while data is loaded.
    It has nothing to do with the spindown feature (which I turned off), since these errors are reproducible.
    Reinstalling the broken game fixes the problem, but the game then freezes at another point (again, that point is always reproducible).
    I got this problem especially with Wario Land Shake It, where the first cinematic when starting a new game freezes at some point, but reinstalling only moves that point (I reinstalled the game about 5 times and every time it froze at a different moment in the first cinematic).
    Another example would be Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility, which froze at the loading screen whenever I tried to enter the "Souflee Farm" house. I reinstalled it which led to the game freezing at the natsume logo. Reinstallind a third time made the game playable so far (at least it doesnt freeze like at the first time, I havent done much testing).

I'm using USB Loader 1.5 (I also tested all the other versions) on a 4.0E Wii, I use WBFS Manager 2.2 and wbfs.exe 1.5 mod by flfl.
    Does anyone experience similar problems?

2. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    ? wbfs manager doesn't use wbfs exe.. and use wbfs manager 2.2.2 (latest version)

3. Jeomite

Jeomite GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2006
    United States
    United States
    I had that problem with Wario Land Shake It... after thorough testing, I found it was my USB Enclosure (not my hard drive).... I used a different enclosure with the same original hard drive and it has worked flawlessly since...

4. crt
    OP

crt Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I actually use version 2.2.2 and what I wanted to say was that I also tested it using wbfs.exe with the same results.

btw I'm using a FreeAgent Go 250gb 2.5".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice