Hacking USB Loader Forwarder WAD

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW TEST VERSION 1.1 OFFICIALLY WORKING FOR ME ON 3.2U!

One of the other threads was closed, so I decided to open this one up. If this topic needs to be merged, than do so.
smile.gif

Note: Your boot.dol file should go in "/apps/usb_loader" Also, make sure you do not have a nunchuck plugged in when you select the channel (Thanks Master Mo) and thanks to loopguy for his forwarder dol
smile.gif

This was tested working on my 3.2U Wii and takes 15 blocks of memory. Make sure you have something like Preloader before you attempt an install:

ULBanner.jpg

ULIcon.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhujzjmzm0w/...2U_+_Sound).zip

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omegax0 said:
I get a code dump for some reason. I did just get the new 1.1 version of the loader, but it works fine in the HBC.

I was using another forwarder channel, which worked fine before. But now it gives nothing but codedumps. I think this is the usb loader's own fault, it doesn't like being launched by a forwarder through a channel I guess. It cannot mount the USB then for some reason. Because when I disconnect the USB storage device, it will launch.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omegax0 said:
I get a code dump for some reason. I did just get the new 1.1 version of the loader, but it works fine in the HBC.
Might it have something to do with the region of your Wii?
unsure.gif
I haven't had problems getting into USB Loader with this WAD, but I guess I will test it more when I get my drive tomorrow.

QUOTE(dope_X @ Apr 1 2009, 04:19 AM) is it imortant if i got a PAL or NTSC Wii,
or can this be installed on every system?
That I'm not sure, but I have had problems between trying WADS on different system menu versions, so the region might apply as well.

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do have a PAL Wii, but I don't see why this app would be region specific (unless dol forwarders have to access something special and specific to that region?). Like kedest said, if you remove the USB device it boots fine. But that kind of defeats the point of a USB loader.
tongue.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ah ok. Guess we'll have to wait and see where the problem is then. The forwarder or the loader itself. My guess is it's the loader itself

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Normal SD here too. I wonder what the problem is with the loader then, it works fine as a channel.

It doesn't like forwarders for some reason, I guess.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:
Tested on:

- 2Gb SD -> Code Dumpscreen
- 4Gb SDHC -> Code Dump screen
Hmmm, if you're on 3.2U, then it might be something I am doing when I create the WAD between WadStudio 0.060 and using padding files. Might have to look into a new method to pack this...

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GRRRR! I wouldn't need to ask others to test this if UPS could deliver my drive already!
mad.gif
Thanks for testing Djoen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2