Hacking USB Loader feature suggestion

madhutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the USB loaders have their good and great points. However channels which slow up my wii a lot and dont all fit on the main menu, have one advantage. In the wii play history stats any game launched from USB loader will be logged as USB Loader (or equivalent) where as channels will log the game stats under the game in play history. It would be great if this could be introduced in the USB loaders. I can say conclusively that this is the case i have tried 4 usb loaders and all of them have this issue. There may be one without this issue if there is please let me know.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Actually, the log entries will only appear to be that of the games. The play time history homebrew app and Nintendo Channel will recognize these entries as different games, because USB game loader channels usually have other title IDs (starting with "U" instead of "R").
Keeping the stat logs is probably a function of the System Menu, the applications don't have any influence over it, or at least it's not possible yet.

madhutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helsionium if it is possible for the WAD game loader channels to log as the game itself surely this functionality can be built into the USB loader so that it mimics the ID of the game for the benefit of the logs?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
No, the channels do not log themselves. Keeping track of the play history is the exclusive job of the System Menu. The System Menu logs when you start a channel, recording the name and ID of the channel in the play history. If you start a generic loader channel, or the Homebrew Channel, the System Menu will just log that, regardless of what other stuff the channel will load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches