USB Hubs (Do they work with the Wii?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by edg0023, Feb 12, 2010.

1. edg0023
    OP

edg0023 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2009
    United States
    Florida
    I just want to know if usb hubs work with the Wii. I want to buy one so that i can connect all my usb devices to it. I have wii speak, usb harddrive, two microphones and a keyboard.

Thanks a lot.

2. painless

painless GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2009
    United States
    Yes they do. You will need a powered USB hub though. Fyi, I don't use my hdd on my hub, I use it on the outside usb port on my Wii and the hub on the other. I have 4 ports with a mic, keyboard and my rj45 to usb adapter and everything works great.

3. DVS

DVS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Hawaii
    A Usb hub will work. I use a 10 year old Newpoint 4 port usb hub. I use it non-powered and it works with the 2 mics I use it with. Not sure if you have to use AC power to use extra peripherals (keyboard,etc). Just buy a Usb hub that you can use it with power and without.

4. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    The hard disk is the only device that must be used without a hub, do you can have the disk on one port and the hub on the other. With only two ports, how would we go without a hub?

5. Ruby05

Ruby05 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2010
    Switzerland

yea try it, a usb hub will be compatible with WII. Just a generic usb hub, nothing special.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice