USB Hubs (Do they work with the Wii?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by edg0023, Feb 12, 2010.

Feb 12, 2010
  1. edg0023
    OP

Member edg0023 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just want to know if usb hubs work with the Wii. I want to buy one so that i can connect all my usb devices to it. I have wii speak, usb harddrive, two microphones and a keyboard.

Thanks a lot.

2. painless

Member painless GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes they do. You will need a powered USB hub though. Fyi, I don't use my hdd on my hub, I use it on the outside usb port on my Wii and the hub on the other. I have 4 ports with a mic, keyboard and my rj45 to usb adapter and everything works great.

3. DVS

Newcomer DVS Advanced Member

United States
    A Usb hub will work. I use a 10 year old Newpoint 4 port usb hub. I use it non-powered and it works with the 2 mics I use it with. Not sure if you have to use AC power to use extra peripherals (keyboard,etc). Just buy a Usb hub that you can use it with power and without.

4. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    The hard disk is the only device that must be used without a hub, do you can have the disk on one port and the hub on the other. With only two ports, how would we go without a hub?

5. Ruby05

Newcomer Ruby05 Newbie

China

yea try it, a usb hub will be compatible with WII. Just a generic usb hub, nothing special.