Hardware USB hub for wii

BobZhome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a usb hard-drive & a usb microphone in the back of my Wii, yet Rock Band 3 can have three microphones.
I take it that I would need a usb hub in order to connect all these usb devices.

Does anyone know of a usb hub that is compatible with the wii accessories and especially a usb hard-drive?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need a self powered USB bub. In other words a USB hub that requires AC adapter. Each USB port consumes power, and Wii's USB port can't supply that much of a power.

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am0s said:
carefully select a hub, I bought one and the AC adapter blew up in my face barely missing my fingers
That too. Sorry to hear that.

Buy it from Best Buy or Amazon. Be sure to buy a good one, not cheap one.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
trumpet-205 said:
You need a self powered USB bub. In other words a USB hub that requires AC adapter. Each USB port consumes power, and Wii's USB port can't supply that much of a power.

Not sure that's true - the USB hub I am using has both the lan adaptor and 1 microphone attached it - but no ac adaptor - and it and the wii are working fine.

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you look up at the USB specification, you would know that each USB hub consumes power. USB port can only deliver 500 mA at max.

There are two types of USB hub, bus-powered and self-powered. Bus-powered USB hub is the simple one. Does not need AC adapter. Suitable for low drain devices, such as microphon, LAN adapter, keyboard, mouse.

To overcome power issue, we have self-powered USB hub. Self-powered USB hub in the other hand requires a AC adapter as external power source. It is suitable for hard drive, flash drives, scanners in AIO printer, game accessories.

You should, whenever can, get a self-powered USB hub to ensure each attached device is working properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...