USB DLC How to?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mpkostek, Nov 7, 2016.

1. mpkostek
    OP

mpkostek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2016
    United States
    Is there a resource out there that shows how i can get dlc for games that are installed through the usb wupinstaller/brazilian method? specifically im looking for call of duty map packs if there is a special process for them.

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    As far as I know, DLC still has to be purchased in a legit manor. I could be wrong though with as quick as these things progress.

3. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    KiiWii likes this.
  4. mpkostek
    OP

mpkostek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2016
    United States
    I feel as though I have seen mentions or guides around before though :O

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This is what I was looking for, thank you!

5. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    utik has now added dlc downloading so.....

6. mpkostek
    OP

mpkostek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2016
    United States
    What is uTik? Can you provide a link?

7. monkeyman4412

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
  8. mpkostek
    OP

mpkostek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2016
    United States
    Ohhhhhh I've used this. Doesn't this just download the base games though? how do you get dlc with this?

9. monkeyman4412

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    theres a update

go to releases

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

maybe rednand, Im going to hate if rednand, since i cannot get a bigger sd (i got a 32 gb wiiu so i need a 64 sd, which I only have 32 gb sd)

10. duncanm

duncanm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    There's a browser exploit based method for running decrypted DLC off the SD card with installed games , but it currently only supports Smash .

11. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brazil
    MaceiĆ³-AL
    I've only managed to make my DLCs fully work downloading with FunKiiU... FunKiiU automatically patches the DLCs so they are fully unlocked to work fine on redNAND... tried to download the DLCs with uTik and some wasn't fully workable and some did not even install.

Now, i download my games and updates with uTik and my DLCs with FunKiiU... everything, till now, is working fine.

EDIT: for those who do not have a large size SD card, you can compile FIX94's branch and it will only apply the sigpatches and more to the original sysNAND and you can install your DLCs to your sysNAND and make it work without dumping your nand and using it emulated. It's a little dangerous as if you do something wrong, you can brick your wii u, but i've tested and it worked for me... the only thing you need to do is load the fw.img every time you want to play the game you installed the DLC for, otherwise, if you try to launch the game, it will say you have corrupted extra content and asks you to delete it before you can run the game again...

EDIT 2: Obviously you'll need a sd card larger than the DLC you want to install as you need to put it to the SD card to install to your USB or Internal Memory.

Last edited by buhdiego, Nov 7, 2016
  12. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Slightly off topic: in this update there shows SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2. But its red. I can download it, does this mean we can get it but not use it (as I'm sure vWII VC is not supported yet), or does this mean we can use the WUP packager to repackage and install now?

EDIT: RED = for redNAND!

Still unsure if this will work though..... even on rednand....

Last edited by KiiWii, Nov 7, 2016
  13. monkeyman4412

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    yah i just now figured that out, dan told me. guess we just have to wait for lower sd requirements

KiiWii likes this.