US Dsi

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Thirdbsweep89, Apr 3, 2009.

Apr 3, 2009

US Dsi by Thirdbsweep89 at 7:06 AM (1,491 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Thirdbsweep89
    OP

Newcomer Thirdbsweep89 Newbie

United States
    So I put my downpayment for the DSi that is getting released Sunday in the US. I also have a DS with an Acekard2. Should I just go a head and buy a 2i and hope that it workd for the dsi?

2. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    in i think about 2 - 3 topics, its confirmed that AK2i works in english/european setting in the DSi,
    (if im not mistaken) ;O

3. Thirdbsweep89
    OP

United States
    awesome! Has anyone ever heard of Themott for a website to buy an AK2i?? IT's $30 there, is that about right?

4. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    and its about 18 dollars at dealextreme.com and focalprice.com and dealwoot.com

you probably heard "themott" off of youtube then came to sign up here at gbatemp too right? ;]

5. Thirdbsweep89
    OP

United States
    Dam nice*** I'll check out dealwoot or extreme, which do you prefer
    haha yes off youtube sadly, [​IMG]
    BUT NO! haha iv'e been a member here for a while, I just don't really post. I am really into my DS Lite and everything. Just checking up on the DSI

6. R3AKT

Newcomer R3AKT Member

Canada
    Hey everyone. I'm kind of getting mixed messages from all over the place. Some people are saying that the Acekard2i doesn't work on the EU DSi (so I'm assuming the same for the US DSi), while others are saying it works with a few tweaks here and there. Hopefully someone posts a video confirming this information soon.

But if it does work I'd probably look for a site based in the same country just so the wait will be less.

7. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

the acekard 2i works on every dsi there is right now for every country

8. R3AKT

Newcomer R3AKT Member

Canada
    Oh nice. So has anyone purchased from Kick Gaming? They're located in Ontario so the shipping would be really fast to my area. Its just that the only review on their site for the AceKard2i is of the guy getting sent a regular AceKard2 with a new sticker on it. Sorry if I'm off topic... I'm just too excited about the DSi.

9. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    If you pre-ordered your DSi from gamestop then there is most likely a mid-night launch tomorrow. You should go to that.

10. QuantumFluxx

Member QuantumFluxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've ordered from kickgaming for years. I started out with my Supercard CF, to my G6DS Real, to my new Acekard 2i that I just got from them a few weeks ago. From my experience they've been a good place to order from, and their shipping is indeed fast, I get it next day. [​IMG]

11. R3AKT

Newcomer R3AKT Member

Canada
    Sounds good, thanks.

12. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    Yup, most Gamestops are doing a midnight release. I'll be going to get mine in a little over 3 hours.

Also, someone on the forums here updated their DSi (via the DSiWare store), and their AK2i still worked. So everything is looking good so far.

(If someone has already disputed that, I missed it, and disregard that.)