Urscheat.dat for Chrono Trigger

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by fearofblood, Nov 30, 2008.

Nov 30, 2008
  1. fearofblood
    OP

Newcomer fearofblood Member

United States
    For the japanese chrono trigger I can't see the cheat function. I have placed my usrcheat.dat into my _system_ folder and it does not work. I have also tried patching _menu_ and it doesn't work. Please Help!

2. Nifft

Newcomer Nifft Member

Italy
    1) don't use usrcheat.dat, use cheat.dat, dunno why but for me usrcheat doesn't even get read by my r4,not a single game gets cheats avaible
    2) get usa version of the game, i would like to give you a link but from the "there are no roms on gbatemp" line from registering, i think i can't (and no, i didn't read them. i just right passed over the rules)
    3) the R4 from what i've read in these forums has a little problem with cheat reading, meaning that it doesn't fully read the cheat.dat file, but it partially reads it, so the games that are on the lowest part of the file (since cheats are alphabetically ordered, see for yourself where it does get with reading). you can either manually move them up with the r4 cheat editor or with a hotfix of the firmware, which can both be found on website.

3. fma

Newcomer fma Member

United States
    To simplify this -- if you only have (U) and (E) backups, grab the CHEAT(UE).DAT version which the allows R4 1.18 to view cheats for every single (U) (E) game released. This is a very nice piece of work, we also should give props to Narin for his work. Easiest way to stay updated is goto cheats.gbatemp.net [​IMG]

4. ZePpLiNs

Newcomer ZePpLiNs Newbie

Australia
    i have japanese games on my R4 so do i DL the all.zip?