Hacking Upside-down homebrew.

RsHackerTeam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i was using the Trucha Bug Restorer (so i can install cIOSs and use a WAD manager) and half way through, just before where you load the restorer again and restore IOS15, my homebrew flipped upside-down
ohnoes.png

Can anyone help me with why and how i reverse this?

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated thanks
smile.gif

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to make the HBC upside down without going through a crapload of hacks? I want mine like that I think it would look cool.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, u are the first person who has ever WANTED this! lol

i'll tell u how to do it, but I think this is hilarious!

just intall a patched IOS61 (use dop-mii or MMM), your HBC will turn upside-down. If it doesn't, reinstall the HBC (it will install to slot 61 this time) using the hack-mii installerand it will be upside-down

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
lol, u are the first person who has ever WANTED this! lol

i'll tell u how to do it, but I think this is hilarious!

just intall a patched IOS61 (use dop-mii or MMM), your HBC will turn upside-down. If it doesn't, reinstall the HBC (it will install to slot 61 this time) using the hack-mii installerand it will be upside-down

thanks will do

Hiro77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, a friend of mine has this problem too...

since the Homebrew channel gets flipped because of the fakesigned ios36, (system menu 3.2E here)
wouldn't it be possible to just overwrite it with a "proper" ios36 downloaded with NUSD? (and if that's the case, what version?)

I noticed NUSAD makes you install IOS34 and 61 but... I thought sys 3.2 didn't have IOS61 at all!!

Sory, these may be noobish questions, but... I'm curious!
nyanya.gif

Oh, I found this:

WiiPower said:
The method to fix this and always works for all people is the following:
Install an unpatched IOS61
Reinstall the HBC*

*If you have cioscorp and the installer refuses to work, you may need to get another cioscorp version, or temporary replace one of the cIOS with an IOS, IOS35 for example

so, does that mean I can choose what IOS the HBC uses? how can I do that?
Thanks!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If the HBC uses IOS36, you can just install the most recent non-fakesigned IOS36 and it should work. But having a patched IOS36 is something some people want to keep, so generally the norm is to install IOS61, then run the hackmii installer and reinstall the HBC (to use IOS61). A clean IOS34 is also installed so that the hackmii installer doesn't give you the "no vulnerable IOS" error.

edit: I just saw your edit, and what wiipower is referring to is the same no vulnerable IOS error I mention above. The norm is to install a non-fakesigned IOS34 to get past this error, but many other non-fakesigned IOSs can also fix the problem (you only need @ least ONE vulnerable IOS to run the installer). Most people only run into this problem if they have or had an older version of cIOScorp installed at one point (without properly uninstalling it).

edit2:The hackmii installer tries each of your IOSs in some kind or orderly fashion, and once it finds one to run the installer, that IOS is used to run the installer. The same thing is done when installing the HBC, but I know that it will always try to install to IOS61 first if it is found on the system, and I'm pretty sure IOS36 is the second choice.

Hiro77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Oh ok, I think I'll just follow NUSAD's instuctions then...
thanks so much for the explaination!!
yaywii.gif

(and by the way... great avatar, Xflak!!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sodiumchickentirade