Upgrading

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by serg0, May 27, 2009.

May 27, 2009

Upgrading by serg0 at 5:31 PM (741 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. serg0
    OP

Member serg0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can I upgrade directly from 3.71 m33-4 to 5.00 m33.

2. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I am not sure if you can upgrade form 3.71 M33 as I have never used it but I have successfully upgraded from 3.9 to 5.00 - M33-6. On 3.9 M33 I activated WiFi and searched for updates and it states there are updates to download so it downloads the update. When you try to execute it states it needs the 500.PBP file and asks if you want it downloaded. Answer yes and it downloads it.

Once the download finishes follow the onscreen instructions and install the update. (Must have battery power at 78% or more) If you choose not to update after the downloads (or battery os too low) you can update from where you normally load your games from.

Once upgraded I copied the Update folder from the Game directory to my PC and used that to update another 3 PSP successfully by copying it to the PSP\Game Folder and executing. (All had 3.90 M33 Firmware installed

If you do a WiFi update from the PSP menu ensure that the settings for updates are pointing to the Custom Firmware and not official.

This is completed by:

1. Hold R and turn the PSP on to load the Recovery menu
    2. Pusg Down Arrow to Highlight Configuration and press the X button
    3. Use M33 network update (currently: Enabled)
    - If it shows currently disabled press down arrow until highlight and press X button to make it enabled.
    4. If Back is not Highlight press up or down until highlighted and press X
    5. Press Up or Down until Exit is highlighted and press X

Obviously this only works if you are able to wirelessly connect to the network - Else you need the required files to be copied into an UPDATE folder in PSP\GAME and then execute it from the Memory Stick under the GAME Menu on the PSP.

I hope that helps [​IMG]

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I think you can go straight from 3.71m33 to 5.00m33, but to be safe, use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v1.60. This app lets you upgrade from any CFW to the latest CFW, because some CFWs DO need you to upgrade in steps, the older ones, 3.something I think, but dunno what the something is, so use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher just in case.

4. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I am not sure but does 3.71M33 have the automatic update installer. If it does, it should work fine and even if it doesn't have the auto-upgarde, there should be no issues. If it is not going to work, Dark_Alex has put a failsafe in his coding that stops the code from executing if all the requirements are fufilled.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    No it doesn't have the M33 Network Update (it was introduced in 3.80 M33)..and if you read the readme accompanying the update you'd see that yes you can update from 3.71 M33-4 (or even earlier on the previous firmware if necessary). And no, the updates are cumulative.

If you're worried just make a DCv8 Memory Stick...although if the 5.00M33 readme confounds you that may be ill advised.