Hacking Upgrading an Older Wii's Firmware

DvDrmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i've been given an older Wii with 2.2u fw on it. I tried to install the HBC v9 using the Twilight hack but HBC cancels the install due to the older fw.
I would use the online update function for the Wii if it weren't for Nintendo's v3.4.

I was wondering if there was a way of updating the Wii's firmware without wifi or without using a retail disc such as Galaxy.
Then i could continue to get his Wii up an running the HBC.

i hope i've explained that properly....
rolleyes.gif

TIA

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
DvDrmann said:
Well, i've been given an older Wii with 2.2u fw on it. I tried to install the HBC v9 using the Twilight hack but HBC cancels the install due to the older fw.
I would use the online update function for the Wii if it weren't for Nintendo's v3.4.

I was wondering if there was a way of updating the Wii's firmware without wifi or without using a retail disc such as Galaxy.

rolleyes.gif

TIA
follow my tutorial in the link in my signature , it's easy installer , good luck
wink.gif

How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies: Tutorial/Easy Installer

DvDrmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zidane_genome said:
Run the Twilight Hack to run Custom IOS Downgrader, then you can upgrade to 3.2
The requirements are Custom IOS37 rev 03 and an internet connection.
Internet isn't a problem but can i put Custom IOS37 rev 03 on an older fw first, then upgrade?

Thanx for the swift replies guys.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Upgrading to 3.4 isnt usually reccomended, but if you do choose to do it, its probably the easy way out in this case. Then just follow one of the many easy guides on the topic and downgrade / install starfall and gamma (assuming gamma is what you want in the end)

DvDrmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EmperorOfCanada said:
Upgrading to 3.4 isnt usually reccomended, but if you do choose to do it, its probably the easy way out in this case. Then just follow one of the many easy guides on the topic and downgrade / install starfall and gamma (assuming gamma is what you want in the end)
That was my intention, to put gamma on it but i didn't foresee the problems with the HBC install on such an old fw.

DvDrmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,
I got this to work.
This was a v2.0u Wii and so i used Wiiscrubber to extract the v3.2 update files/wads from bushings update/unbricker .iso.
I then put Wadmanager v1.3 in the root of the SD card and the update .wads (2 files) in the WAD folder.
First installed the IOS30-64-v1040.wad and then the SystemMenu-v289.wad.
Rebooted and the wii had been updated to v3.2u.

No if i could only get the loader channels to stop rebooting my wii and actually load a disc....
wacko.gif

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BIG MOE said:
DvDrmann said:

rolleyes.gif

TIA
follow my tutorial in the link in my signature , it's easy installer , good luck
wink.gif

How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies: Tutorial/Easy Installer

You should write a book: Wii Homebrew for Dummies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1