Upgrading a Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by flamecat13, Feb 14, 2010.

Feb 14, 2010

Upgrading a Acekard 2i by flamecat13 at 4:55 AM (1,555 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. flamecat13
    OP

Newcomer flamecat13 Newbie

United States
    Hi this is my first post so I'm sorry if I am asking something that has been asked before. Recently my cousin bought a brand new DSi, so I got her a acekard2i to go with it. When she got it she said that it wasn't responding with his DSi. When I looked at I realized that she had 1.4 firmware making the Acekard 2i not work. So I looked around until I found the update for the Acekard 2i. This is where the problems started. When I put the patcher onto the Acekard 2i and then into my DS Light it would not detect the Acekard 2i. I then tried moving the Micro SD card to a Acekard 2. Then what happened was the Acekard 2 detected but when I ran the patch, all it said was this card cannot be updated. So basically the only real problem here is that the DS Light is not recognizing the Acekard 2i even though it should be. Right now the Micro SD card is formatted as FAT32. Thanks for all the help in advance!

2. azureVInh

Newcomer azureVInh Newbie

United States
    Well, the parcher was ment to be run on an AceKard2i. Running it on a regular Acekard would make no sense, as it was "physically" blocked on the DSi. But, you we're thinking the right way. Find a friend that has a DS Lite and run the AK2i on there.

3. flamecat13
    OP

United States
    I would except none of my friends have a DS Lite. Is there a way to make the Acekard 2i read on the DSL? Or should I just go ahead and order a new Acekard 2i that works on the DSi. And if I should do the second one which site should I order from?

4. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    it already does,if you have a DSi with 1.3 or below,or a DSL/Lite or even a PHAT,you can upgrade it,that's your only hope of not buying a new card

5. flamecat13
    OP

United States
    I know that it should, but when I put the Acekard 2i into my DSL it says there is no game inserted.

6. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    is it recognized by the DSi?if so then it's probably just a contact problem on the DSL,try the paper trick method(or just clean the contacts).If it still does not recognize(on DSL,or even the DSi) its probably a defective card

7. flamecat13
    OP

United States
    I tried the paper trick and it didn't help. Also when I put the Acekard 2i into the DSi Nothing happens. So since it is a defective card (unless someone has another solution) where could I get a working one for cheap, working on DSi 1.4, and preferably free shipping?

8. killakk

Newcomer killakk Member

United States
    I need one aswell dude someone please give a site to buy a acekard 2i from

9. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    probably your acekard is defective, just ship back for warranty replace.
    ds lite should find any acekard 2i inserted