Upgraded to CycloDS !

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Rykin, Aug 29, 2008.

Aug 29, 2008

Upgraded to CycloDS ! by Rykin at 4:20 PM (1,506 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Rykin
    OP

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well I've finally updated my R4 to the CycloDS, and the first thing I want to say is this flash cart is physically SOLID. I never realized how flimsy the R4 was until I held the Cyclo at the same time.

Overall, the CDSE seems pretty awesome. It can do most everything the R4 can and then some.

My minor gripes:
    Something minor I missed that I never thought to research: The R4 automatically skips the Health Screen. The CycloDS doesn't. (Can live without)
    Something I knew, but dang: I was one of lucky to have a sping-loaded R4 that ALWAYS worked. I have a bad habit of chewing my fingernails, so removing the microSD card from the CDSE is rather complicated for me.

2. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada

3. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    yeah, only better thing is sakura firmware - m3 real loses in everything else.

My cyclo is at moment borrowed to friend for reason of that he plays Castlevania PoR and stuff (he uses ds that is actually his little brother's, and does not own flashcart)

as for me, when i started poweruse my ds and own now two flashcarts, touch screen again busted and top screen turns blue'ish occosianally, and back to normal...

(someone with know-how - is it motherboard connector or top screen problem with this? i could change the top part if it is not the motherboard...)

4. Rykin
    OP

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @Jere

Do your speakers still work? My friend had a similar problem with his top screen. It turns out, he had a long crack in his hinge, and his daily use of the DS cause the ribbon cable for the topscreen to wear down and eventually rip.

If it is your top screen it only costs $20 to replace.

5. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Don't worry about the MicroSD removing problem so much. I found that in the first week or two, the card was hard to get out without using a long nail (or teeth), after that the slot seems to wear and it becomes much easier to remove (yet not too loose). No nail necessary, just the flesh on my thumb.

6. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    Speakers work - and ribbon cable SEEMS to be ok.

I may try it out when i get money, i can do the soldering work in my shcool, good i am a electronics line student [​IMG]