Hacking UPDATING

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so i bought a used wii. it is hacked. i dont know how to tell whats what with it and all i know about is that it has the homebrew channel. i would like to update it so that i can play a REAL copy of NSMB (new super mario brothers). I did my research and found a great guide on hacking a 4.1, however the NSMB patch puts me at 4.2. so i lose the option to update and do it all myself so that i know whats going on.

as it is, when i turn on the wii it goes to some black screen with a bunch of options...idk whats going on. i have jailbroken my psp and itouch, but this thing is stumping me(more like scaring me...its half mine half my gfs, so if i brick it im kinda dead.)

i read that gecko Os will let me play the game without updating. however my version of geckoOs that is on there does not work.

HOw do i update Gecko, or preferably update my wii while retaining homebrew capabilities ( i did figure out emulators and would hate to lose my nes collection.)

i know this is a noobish question. and i did do some site searching, but i need some one on one to figure out what the hell is going on with my wii.

at the least i would be very appreciative of some links to solutions to my problem.

i did read about http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S
it says this at the top:

WiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater

how do i do that with the wii already hacked?

summary;

wii already homebrew channel enabled.
want to update
cant brick it
need to play new games, cockblocked by wii updater.
would like to play future backups off of harddrive (but ill do my own research for that after i get it updated)

thanks!

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first things first just make sure the wii is connected to the internet go into homebrew channel update it to 1.08 then update your wii move on from there.

for now with what you asked thats all you need to do

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your boot up problem is preloader go to the settings at the bottom then change autoboot to system menu.

As for the update you could also read the sticky hack any wii 4.3 and below on the main hacking page.

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks!!! i just found that sticky post...ill resort to that if things go sour....

but what you said aobut updating to 1.08(this is from memory,whichever you said is what i mean) will fix my problem?

i can connect to internet, update homebrew channel, then put in NSMB and system update?

if thats correct thanks!!!

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
run my program, it will get ur wii hacked safe and fast

i try to get to download your program andall i get is a messed up screen with all the info in a tiny little box....do i need your program if i already have homebrew channel?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try to download it harder, lol, there's a direct download link the in thread, if u do a Ctrl+F for 'direct download' u will find it

u dont NEED my program, but my program does a hell of a lot more than just install the HBC, my app will pretty much do everything

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
try to download it harder, lol, there's a direct download link the in thread, if u do a Ctrl+F for 'direct download' u will find it

u dont NEED my program, but my program does a hell of a lot more than just install the HBC, my app will pretty much do everything

could you perhaps give me a link to the actual forum page?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Einherion said:
XFlak said:

could you perhaps give me a link to the actual forum page?
forum post
download page

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

im using your program. it seems pretty awesome. i told the program that i have a previously hacked wii and am going from there. it has a lot of errors downloading...says it will delete and redownload the files. should i be worried?

something about failing MD5? idk.

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
u may as well start from scratch and rehack your wii, so tell it that it is a virgin (either that or answer yes to all the extra download options/questions)

what exactly is failing? retry ur download

so even though i have HBC i should go about it as if it is virgin? or should i update using NSMB and then hack it?

and idk what was failing. the program seemed happy enough, now its "stuck" (taking longer than i want, like over 20min)
"Patching A handful of BaseWad Component Files"

been doing that for a while!!

ill let it run overnight and mess with it more in the morning. thanks again for all your help.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFLAK's program is amazing and he is always helpful with good advice but at this particular moment what he is telling you to do is complete overkill.
all you need to do.

1.update homebrew channel
2.update wii using your mario disc
3(optional). to protect from future unwanted updates play games from a backup loader and install priiloader or play your games from a backup loader unless you have bootmii boot2 then just keep a backup and dont worry about it

all that complicated extra shit is unneeded, this should be a simple 2-3 step ten minute process

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
XFLAK's program is amazing and he is always helpful with good advice but at this particular moment what he is telling you to do is complete overkill.
all you need to do.

1.update homebrew channel
2.update wii using your mario disc
3(optional). to protect from future unwanted updates play games from a backup loader and install priiloader or play your games from a backup loader unless you have bootmii boot2 then just keep a backup and dont worry about it

all that complicated extra shit is unneeded, this should be a simple 2-3 step ten minute process

could you elaborate on step number 3? or rather provide links to some info?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Einherion said:
How to install Priiloader:
http://gbatemp.net/t249424-using-preloader...t&p=3060244
You don't need to play with a backup loader, priiloader will block all updates and you can play the game
yaywii.gif

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Einherion said:
How to install Priiloader:
http://gbatemp.net/t249424-using-preloader...t&p=3060244
You don't need to play with a backup loader, priiloader will block all updates and you can play the game
yaywii.gif

sweet, and what program do yoiu suggest for playing backups in general, i have an 80Gb hdd laying around collecting dust that i would like to appropriate for this cause.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to play from HDD it need to be a USB HDD, I heard that these IDE to USB adaptors doesn't work. The best USB Loader is Configurable USB Loader!

Einherion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
If you want to play from HDD it need to be a USB HDD, I heard that these IDE to USB adaptors doesn't work. The best USB Loader is Configurable USB Loader!

k, i have a usb external hdd, and the program that i put on my wii is called Configuralbe USB Loader? that is the program that i will run to play the games off the HDD?

ill have to look into this more. as always i appreciate links
happy.gif

but i can and will do some research of my own.

so basically...THANKS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/