updating to USB loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wootbeers, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010

updating to USB loader GX by wootbeers at 6:34 AM (1,036 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. wootbeers
    OP

Newcomer wootbeers Member

United States
    Hey, I currently have a softmoded wii with system firmware 4.2U and USB loader, and I'd like to update to USB loader GX...whats the safest and easiest way to do this? And I have a couple games installed to my harddrive, will that still work with the GX version?

2. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    It should still work!! lol Just make sure u unplug ur HDD from the Wii when updating so it still reads it though!! lol Did u check in the settings 4 an auto-update button there cause that maybe the safest and easiest way 2 do all that!! lol

3. wootbeers
    OP

Newcomer wootbeers Member

United States
    Alright but I'm not really sure how I should update to GX...do I download it and replace certain files on the harddrive? I don't see like an update button so I'm pretty clueless here.

4. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    yes we can tell, google the complete softmod guide and read up on how to use homebreww apps like gx and then you will understand what you should do.

5. nightwaxon

Newcomer nightwaxon Member

United Kingdom
    Typical bellend response from this forum.

There are two ways to update. From USB LoaderGX click on the configuration button (button with some cogs on it) and look for a button that says update. If you're wirelessly connecting your Wii to the internet you can click this and it will update the loader from there.

If not, then you can download the latest revision from here. Rename the file to boot.dol and copy the file to the Apps/USBloader_GX folder on your sd card overwriting the file on the card.

All previously installed games should work OK. If not, post up here and I'll help you out.