Updating to 3.18

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Quantumcat, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Quantumcat
    OP

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I have been searching for ages on Google and in every tutorial I find for updating offline, the link to the files is down. Does anyone know where I can find the update files?

And failing that, does anyone have a list of games that contain updates so I can buy a game to update with?

Thanks!

2. zekepliskin

zekepliskin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2015
    Hampshire UK
    I have the 3.18 update file knocking around somewhere, if I remember I'll upload it for you. I installed it offline using qCMA, which requires a specific HTML or XML file so qCMA knows how to make the Vita find it.

3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/Sony PS Vita Firmware seems to have 3.18. My Vita has been on 3.18 for ages though, so I can't really test it.

Alternatively, there's this site: http://www.gxarena.com/Firmwares/PSVita/

Last edited by daxtsu, Dec 2, 2015
  4. zekepliskin

Oct 13, 2015
    Hampshire UK
  5. Quantumcat
    OP

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! I will try updating tomorrow. Hopefully if anyone else has trouble finding the files they'll come across this thread

daxtsu likes this.
  6. Quantumcat
    OP

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Another roadblock... I get error c0-11018-1. From reading this seems like a USB cable problem. The qCMA icon in the taskbar says disconnected/reconnected a few times. I'll try it on another computer. However, it did come up as 3.18 on the update screen, so thanks you two for finding the file for me! At least that bit is solved.

7. zekepliskin

Oct 13, 2015
    Hampshire UK
    Have you made sure the XML file is setup correctly? I can't remember exactly what I did with mine but I copied something off of pastebin, changed a few details around and then qCMA made the Vita aware of the 3.18 update correctly.

8. Quantumcat
    OP

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I fixed it!!! Stupid mistake - the update file was called "PSVUPDAT.DAT" or something similar and it needed to be called "PSP2UPDAT.DAT". Just thought I'd put this here for future people :-)

daxtsu likes this.