updating softmod

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by strike105, Jul 24, 2014.

1. strike105
    OP

strike105 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2014
    A friend left me his old Wii , told me hasn't used it for years , I have little idea on how Wii Mod works

it's still on NeoGamma R8 beta something and I've read on the other threads that the latest version which is NeoGamma R9 Beta 56 , can't be installed on the Wii's memory anymore , I need a SD card to put the new NeoGamma version

But my problem is that I need to go to SD Card on the Wii Menu to access the Newer NeoGamma , the older NeoGamma R8 has it's own channel on the menu , so how will I replace the Old Neogamma with the new one ?

is there any guide so I can start all over ? I mean a guide on how to remove all the softmod , so I can apply the latest ones ? I'm having problem playing newest games like the new super Mario bros

thanks

2. strike105
    OP

strike105 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2014
    and another question.. why does some backed up games plays directly on the home channel without loading NeoGamma ?

3. SomeWeirdSin

SomeWeirdSin GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2014
    United States
    Under the bridge
    If you want to update your loader, I would switch to usb-loader gx. I've tried other backup loaders, but usb-loader gx is the best in my opinion. If you want to start all over, I would suggest reading these guides:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-wii-hacking-guide-for-beginners.306908/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/

You shouldn't try to completely remove all the mods, or virginize your wii. This can easily lead to bricking it (making it unusable). If you go to the homebrew channel, you can remove any apps by simply clicking the app and pressing 'delete'. Carefully reading these guides should answer any questions you have! :yaywii:

To answer your second question, you can make custom channels to load games via backup launchers using a program called 'WiiGSC'. It is a handy tool for making Wii channels, and it even sends them to your Wii over the network! I highly recommend it.