Updating questions

Slavaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am preparing to update my switch. Did this awhile back to get to 10.2, but it seems I need to update to at least 11.0 for some games. I had a few questions if anyone doesnt mind helping me. I plan on using daybreak unless there is a newer method. Currently using hekate/atmosphere

Should I just go to the needed version or should I update to the newest version possible? 11.0 vs 12.1 or 13.0.

Ive been using tinfoil from awhile back. Is there a better program out or is updating tinfoil my best option?

Any other suggestions on what I should do while I am updating as far as useful software?

Thank you for any help.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daybreak is still good. As far as fw version, it depends; I keep my stock fw at certain version, but run emuNand for games, so I always upgrade my emuNand to the latest; I'm sure there are MANY opinions on this subject. For installers, if Tinfoil works for you, then stick with it. I use Awoo installer, but use Tinfoil occasionally. Suggestions? Just backup everything, then you are free to try things without worries.

Slavaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daybreak is still good. As far as fw version, it depends; I keep my stock fw at certain version, but run emuNand for games, so I always upgrade my emuNand to the latest; I'm sure there are MANY opinions on this subject. For installers, if Tinfoil works for you, then stick with it. I use Awoo installer, but use Tinfoil occasionally. Suggestions? Just backup everything, then you are free to try things without worries.
Thank you for the info. I saw a few posts about 13 being a bit of trouble, so went with 12.1 on my emuNand. I appreciate the suggestion on Awoo....it is currently the only one that I can get working since updating. Tinfoil 13 opens, but I cannot get it to connect to the nut program to actually transfer anything anymore, and it seems like that a whole issue in itself for another day. Bad luck caused my sd to crash shortly after I finished, but I got it replaced and up and running again.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Thank you for the info. I saw a few posts about 13 being a bit of trouble, so went with 12.1 on my emuNand. I appreciate the suggestion on Awoo....it is currently the only one that I can get working since updating. Tinfoil 13 opens, but I cannot get it to connect to the nut program to actually transfer anything anymore, and it seems like that a whole issue in itself for another day. Bad luck caused my sd to crash shortly after I finished, but I got it replaced and up and running again.
I am on 13.0 and Tinwoo works with LAN/NUT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back