Hacking Updating PSP cfw question

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked around and couldn't find an answer to my question and could use some help since it's been years since I've done any modding with my PSP. I heard a firmware was out for PSP (6.61). I want to update to that( I'm using PSP 2001 6.60 Pro C fix 3) but I'm not sure if I have to update ofw 6.61 first then do the cfw mod or if I can just update 6.61 cfw. Also I was wondering if I should stick Pro cfw or LME. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There's virtually zero difference in both official changelog and cfw changelog other than plugins being broken on 6.61 and needing an extra plugin for them to work again.

The only "advantage" you get is if you want to install infinity so you can perma-patch even "cursed boards TAV086v2+" psp's (03g and beyond).

If you don't bother using fast recovery after a full reboot then you're fine as you are and don't need any update.

ME and PRO are a little different from each other at how they achieve the same stuff. But they cover the same bases in their own way. Continue as you are unless you find the process of using fast recovery a time waster.

Keep in mind that some 2000's are perma patch compatible from the get go without needing infinity if they are 02g.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's virtually zero difference in both official changelog and cfw changelog other than plugins being broken on 6.61 and needing an extra plugin for them to work again.

The only "advantage" you get is if you want to install infinity so you can perma-patch even "cursed boards TAV086v2+" psp's (03g and beyond).

If you don't bother using fast recovery after a full reboot then you're fine as you are and don't need any update.

ME and PRO are a little different from each other at how they achieve the same stuff. But they cover the same bases in their own way. Continue as you are unless you find the process of using fast recovery a time waster.

Keep in mind that some 2000's are perma patch compatible from the get go without needing infinity if they are 02g.
Alright thanks for clearing that up. Mine is perma-patchable- I did it with my pandora battery. So this was very useful information. Thank you very much!

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I tried this and I think you need to update to ofw 6.61 before installing PRO cfw 6.60 ( which is arguably the best psp cfw out there )

They have a perma patchable psp on 6.60 c-fix3 (latest version without broken psx compatibility) what you mention is used to install infinity as well. (but since they have a perma patch cIPL one they do not need it)

They win nothing by updating to 6.61 as even the official online is down and cannot use PSN which was the point of that update to even exist after the breach in PSN in 2014.

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what

's the difference? When you say it's the best, what makes it better than LME?
easy to install, use, blah, blah, blah I guess everyone has their own preferences, I mostly use PRO because of it's Inferno mode, which drains battery faster, but really boosts the speed of the game, less loading time and so on.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what's the difference? When you say it's the best, what makes it better than LME?

PRO has some options in the recovery menu that LME doesn't. And vice versa. But for someone that just games they don't really make a difference, game compatibility wise.

PRO was the one that got more widely recommended in 2011 if memory serves right. Both are really stable though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021