Hacking Updating Priiloader + cIOS

Leo Alves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got back to play my Wii a month ago and started updating my apps, after that I updated Bootmii and HBC from 1.4 / 1.1.0 to 1.5 / 1.1.2.
Now I would like to know about the Priiloader and cIOS I have installed:

-When I hacked my Wii, I used Modmii.

sysCheck:
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Boot2 v4
Found 127 titles.
Found 50 IOS on this console. 13 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.11+)

My Questions:
1- Are cIOS 202, 222, 223, 224 and 236 still useful for something nowadays? If not what is the safest method to remove them, I would like to keep my Wii hacked as minimal as possible and keep only the necessary.

2- Should I update my d2x cios from 249 and 250 slots to v10-52 or 53 ? Or can I keep d2x v8?

3-I have Priiloader 0.7, I would like to update it to the latest version (0.8.2), how safe is to do it in my current setup and is it safe to download it from wii.guide? Because I can't download it from the official site, when I click download it just reloads the page, and Modmii only has 0.7 as options. One of the reasons I want to update it, is because Priiloader 0.7 sometimes will ignore my setting to start homebrew or usb loader when I turn on my Wii. Then I want to update to see if it will fix it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. not that much useful, but no harm keeping them. some games might work with 222/223/224 only (or better). but usually your slot 250 is the best for all games !
202 is used by some old homebrew (media player, wiisx)
236 is used by old homebrew too (wad managers mostly).
keep them, it's safer than deleting IOS.

2. there's nothing to update.
v10 r52 is exactly the same as v8 final.
v10 was released to add support for vWii only, no changes.
v10 r53 is beta and has lot of compatibility issues, don't use it.

keep v8, and just tell your loader to use slot250 instead of 249 (base57 is better for compatibility than base56)

3. you can update priiloader.
I think priiloader ignoring your setting happen if you power your console with the wiimote instad of console's power button? I noticed a pattern here. or it's just random issue and there's no pattern.
not sure 0.8 fixes this.

I think files provided by wii guide are good. I didn't check test them.

you can try to update priiloader from the console : go to priiloader option, enable beta option check, see if it detects and update to 0.8

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Leo Alves

Leo Alves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks, I tried updating from the menu but it said a error in the server.

I Downloaded it from wii.guide and it installed just fine. Did a few tests turning my wii on and off from console and remote, and HBC loaded all times, looks like it's finally fixed! This has been bothered me for years.

Just 2 more questions:

Can I remove priiloader hacks_hash.ini from the sd card after I save the settings for the system hacks, or should I always keep it in the card?

If I want to benefit from using the 2 usb ports, like in WiiXplorer for example it says it needs d2x v9+ to work, can I install one of the v10 in other slot, like 248 or 251 to use it in WiiXplorer?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure.
I think the ini file is only a list of hacks when you edit them, and priiloader don't use it anymore unless you want to edit?
just try booting priiloader without SD card and see if your enabled hacks are working, you'll know if it's read at boot or not.

2 USB Port at the same time is not possible with cIOS. it's one or the other. (or a fake, looks-like it's loaded at the same time by the end user, but it's not).
If you want 2 USB Port at the same time, you need to use IOS58 !

2 port with v9+ is wrong.
cIOS have all USB Port0 only.
if you want access to USB Port1 (NOT AT THE SAME TIME), then you need either :
- Hermes cIOS v4 or v5.1
- d2x v9 beta
- d2x v10 beta r53 (NOT r52 !)

But, the beta d2x are creating compatibility issues. I don't recommend it. and remember it's a fake "at the same time". it's in fact closing the first USB before loading the other. you can't transfer data from one to another ! they are NOT mounted at the same time.

Reactions: Leo Alves

Leo Alves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, the hacks still works without the file. But I was mistaken when I said it fixed the problem about ignoring the initial loading, yesterday after a few hours, I turned my wii on and it loaded the system menu instead of HBC :(.
Only way to solve this is to set "Return To" to Autoboot (in this case HBC)

Thanks about the info for d2x, looks like there's not point installing the other versions them.

Leo Alves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried creating a forwarder dol for HBC and USB Loader GX using ModMii, I used the option to make the dol to launch the channel ID (LULZ for HBC, UNEO for GX), but the problem persists, Priilloader continue to ignore my setting if the Wii is off for a few hours, is this the correct way to create a Priiloader compatible .dol?

I would like help with another problem too, I have a 1TB Sony HDD, it was formatted with 2 NTFS partitions and 1 FAT32 partitions before.
But Because of that, newer versions of Nintendont failed to recognize my drive, I formatted the entire drive to FAT32 and now Nintendont can find the games just fine, problem is, now 2 other apps can't find it anymore (WiiMC and MPlayerCE), these are the only 2 apps that are not working with my drive (they worked fine before). I found a old post by Cyan suggesting a user to try the app "USB_Test". When I tried it, it created a log with a bunch of errors:

USB2 device test program. v1.1
------------------------------
usbstorage init
status1: 0x1803
status2: 0x1101
port reseted status(0): 0x1005
getting USB_REQ_GETDESCRIPTOR
USB_REQ_GETDESCRIPTOR ok
trying USB_REQ_SETADDRESS: 2
USB_REQ_SETADDRESS ok: 2
checking USB_REQ_GETDESCRIPTOR
ok checking USB_REQ_GETDESCRIPTORA
init ok
USBStorage_Open
USB_GetDescriptors
USB_GetDescriptors ok
USBStorage_Open(): interface subclass 6 ata_prot 1
USB_GetConfiguration ok
USB_SetConfiguration ok
interface: 0
altInterface: 0
USBStorage_Open ok
USBGetMaxLun ok: 1
Trying MountLUN (0)...: 0
SCSI_INQUIRY error
USBStorage_MountLUN: USBStorage_Inquiry error
SCSI_TEST_UNIT_READY error
USBStorage_MountLUN: __usbstorage_clearerrors error
USBStorage_ReadCapacity error
USBStorage_MountLUN: USBStorage_ReadCapacity error
hard reset
status1: 0x1005
USB_REQ_GETDESCRIPTOR ok
ok checking USB_REQ_GETDESCRIPTOR
init ok
USBStorage_MountLUN error(0)...: 0
Trying MountLUN (1)...: 0
SCSI_INQUIRY error
hard reset
status1: 0x1005
port reseted status(0): 0x1001
port reseted status(1): 0x1001
port reseted status(2): 0x1001
port reseted status(3): 0x1001
PORT_PE, release USB11 status: 0x3002
reset error
USBStorage_MountLUN error(1)...: 0
Trying MountLUN (2)...: 0
SCSI_INQUIRY error
hard reset
status1: 0x1803
USB_REQ_GETDESCRIPTOR ok
ok checking USB_REQ_GETDESCRIPTOR
init ok
USBStorage_MountLUN error(2)...: 0
device released

I formatted my drive with "MiniTool Partition Wizard", FAT32, cluster size 32kb, Set to Active and Primary, MBR.
Should I format it again with another tool?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1)
Yes, that's the way to do it.
forwarder dol installed into priiloader's boot menu, used to boot the channel forwarder TitleID you want.
you said priiloader still ignores your setting, which setting?

2)
2 NTFS partitions and 1 FAT32 partitions shouldn't prevent nintendont to work.
nintendont loads the first found FAT32 partition on the drive, whatever the position it's located.
maybe it's not compatible with Extended/logical partition? I don't remember. But it should work fine with both GPT or MBR, 2NTFS + 1 FAT32.

If the two media players are not working anymore, maybe it's because they are not compatible with GPT partitions ?
you are using latest WiiMC ? (MPlayer is too old, I don't think there's a compatible version)

I didn't read your USBtest log, sorry. I'm not sure what the value means anyway.
the problem is not your usb (or you'd got an error at the start, not at the end of the log).

Ah, the drive is MBR? then I don't know why WiiMC can't see it.
You said it worked previously? if that drive worked with WiiMC, then it's not a 4k/sector issue. I thought it would be a GPT issue, but you said MBR.
Then I don't know what's wrong.

Leo Alves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Priiloader "autoboot" setting, even if I set it to "installed file" or "HBC", it will sometimes ignore the setting and boot the Wii Menu. Only way to solve this is to also set "Return To:" to the autoboot, but then I can't exit to the WiiMenu from HBC if I need

Newer versions of Nintendont didn't seem to find my FAT32 partition, only old versions, but after formatting the entire drive it now works.
Only the media apps don't seem to work anymore, I tried the latest WiiMC (1.3.4), the unofficial by SuperSonic, and mplayerCE as alternative, none of them find my hard drive. But Nintendont, Usb Loaders and Emulators do...

But WiiMC worked just fine when the drive was partitioned, and it could read all 3 partitions, so this is pretty weird... I tested a FAT32 flash drive and wiimc can read it
talking about weirdness, the other day, the Wii started showing weird behavior:

WiiXplorer stopped reading the second partition, I thought it was corrupted, but it was showing in Windows.
I tried opening NSMB Wii (with saves set to partial emunand) and it said data corrupted, I had to force a shutdown, and when the wii turned back on, my Wii Remotes wouldn't sync, after a check with InspectMii, I discovered all the syncs got erased, but I managed to sync my wii remotes again later.

Few days later This happened again, after updating HBC, priiloader and formatting, but with other strange results, I tried opening a new GC game, and Nintendont was creating the virtual memory card with 0 bytes (corrupted?), and the wii would shutdown immediately after starting the game, and when I tried to load a wiiware game from emunand, the wii remotes lose sync again. I "fixed" it both times just doing a power cycle (unpluging the ac adapter for a few minutes)

Other strange behavior, that has happened ever since I hacked my Wii, is with sysCheck, everytime it says "checking IOS 222 vulterabilities" it turns my Hard drive off, lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, the priiloader autoboot setting not being followed seems a common issue.
Maybe updating to 0.8 is fixing it.
I noticed this issue happen mostly when booting the console from the wiimote power button.

I don't know what to think about your other issues. they all seems unrelated one with another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT