Homebrew Question Updating CFW noob question

Gustavk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Im not very good at this but I am on current system version 10.2.0|AMS M.19.4|S. I would like to update to latest possible CFW

I began reading on https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/ but I dont understang everything.

1. Do I need to update Hekate? How do I launch it? - I have copied over latest version of atmosphere and hekate to the root of the SD-card.
2. Is atmosphere updated now or do I need to do anything else?
3.After I have done this - do I update via system settings? Or how do I update to a never cfw? (I have a rcmloader-dongle)

Thanks for the patient - feeling like a real noob here :)

/G

barabanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wanna know too, because I want to play Tony Hawks and Mario Golf, my firmware is the same as you. I dont understand how use the Daybreak, for example, I dont need to download the firmware ?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you only need to update hekate if you use it. Once you put the new atmosphere files on your SD. You're good to update, but if you installed backups, homebrew forwarders, any nsp, xci, nsz, etc. you're gonna wanna update your sig patches. after that, google the firmware you wanna download (or you can use aio-switch-switch-updater to download the firmware you want, you can also use it to update atmosphere, hekate, sig patches, and the mega file from the cheats thread here)
if you're doing this manually, once you've googled and downloaded the firmware you want. extract it to a folder and copy it to you're SD (don't need to do this with aio). Put your sd in the switch, open hbmenu, go to daybreak, open it up. Once daybreak is open, navigate to the folder with the firmware files (when you select the folder with all the files, it bring up the firmware info) click continue, click preserve settings. then select fat32 + exfat (one of the most common noob mistake when updating is they think their sd is fat32 when it could be exfat. even if you dont use exfat, select it anyways. its just best too. or else you cfw wont load. itll just black screen.) then let it do the rest

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wanna know too, because I want to play Tony Hawks and Mario Golf, my firmware is the same as you. I dont understand how use the Daybreak, for example, I dont need to download the firmware ?
all it is is a firmware installer for offline methods. its safer than choidujourNX. it does it the exact same way as the system does when you do it through settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...