Updating all Games at Once

Wario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to update all digital games installed on a Switch at once? It would take forever to load each game individually to allow it to check online for updates, especially if you own hundreds of games.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to update all digital games installed on a Switch at once? It would take forever to load each game individually to allow it to check online for updates, especially if you own hundreds of games.
Go to the System Settings, navigate to the System menu and turn on 'Auto-Update Software'.

Wario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the auto update software option only updates the firmware and NSO apps. It didn’t update any of my games and I left it on for a couple weeks and continually logged back into the eShop since it sometimes signs you out after long idle periods. I also disabled sleep. It never updated any games.

However, I found out that if you hit the + key on the game thumbnail, it brings up a menu where you can select to update the software via the Internet. It’s still faster than having to load every game to check. It took me about half an hour to check a few hundred games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game