Updating a soft modded Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by matcon5, Sep 5, 2010.

Sep 5, 2010

Updating a soft modded Wii by matcon5 at 2:04 AM (428 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. matcon5
    OP

Newcomer matcon5 Advanced Member

Canada
    Hey all, this is mostly for a friend of mine but also for my console as well which is a bit out dated.

My friend has a soft modded Wii 3.3U it has HBC and is currently using a very out dated version of Backup Launcher (My console is 4.0U HBC + Wiikey). He can't get some backed up games to play and it's most likely due to out dated IOS (I know some of mine are)
    His current residence has no internet connection. I have a lan adapter but it doesn't work with some homebrew apps..

My question is.. which is the best way to go about bringing both Wii's up to snuff with all the new IOS etc. Mainly my friends.

My Wii has Bootmii as Boot2, I think I have preloader installed.. can't remember [​IMG] I have a backup of my Nand so no real worries for me.
    Is there anything out there to use that would do all of this with little to no hassle?

Thanks in advance.

2. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Update to latest HBC, bootmii@boot2, bootmii@IOS then perform nintendo system update.
    Some IOS will be stubbed, no big deal.