Updates

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by AeroHex, Sep 11, 2008.

Sep 11, 2008

Updates by AeroHex at 5:29 AM (794 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. AeroHex
    OP

Banned AeroHex Banned

Australia
    i was wondering how many time dose dstt update like a month/week etc??cause it was just wondering for ysmenu

2. fathawg

Newcomer fathawg Advanced Member

United States
    DSTT has not had an Update in awhile. YSMENU is just not as clean running and prefer TTMENU just make sure to format your card in FAT and not FAT32. This helps with the slow menu. Also I use drivesort to put them in order when I add a new game

3. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Well why update something if there's nothing to fix?
    YSMenu works perfect for me, but I'm thinking about getting an EZ-Flash V because it seems to update fast

4. AeroHex
    OP

Banned AeroHex Banned

Australia
    just asking how often they update nothing wrong just asking

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    YSMenu hasn't been updated in a long time. But it uses the official loader, so if the official firmware is updated you can usually run the extract program on the newest firmware and copy the resulting files to the YSMenu folder to provide YSMenu with the newest loader.

The official firmware gets periodic compatibility updates (maybe once per month). But there has only ever been one update to the menu system, and it was a minor one (the newest firmware shows an icon if you have an eWin 2-in-1 installed in slot 2).

It sounds like there may be another update in the near future which will again not add any noticable new features, but instead will destroy fake DSTT's. You'll want to make sure you have a real one before updating. See this thread for more info: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104425

-Bri