Hacking Updated USRCHEAT.DAT database

Skyfallkavu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to export the Action Replay DS cheat database out of the Datel servers, and into a format that the DSTT can understand.

The advantages are that the AR database has more cheats for more games compared to the v1.16 firmware of the DSTT. About half of my games had cheats with the original database. I tried the Action Replay database and they all have cheats now.

Ill be checking for updates every week to the AR database, or maybe there's some way to see a version number or an update alert.

Im doing this because some people like me like to cheat
tongue.gif
. Also that most of the cheat databases I found are usually outdated.

Included is the European database, and the American (US) Database.

Posted Saturday, December 13th, 2008: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TFNTTX1U

Install:

Simply remove the region code from the file (The EU or the US) so its name is USRCHEAT.DAT
Then just place it in the TTMENU folder that is located on the root of your MicroSD card.
There can be a glitch where the cheat status image can show an improper status. To cure this simply disable cheats before replacing the USRCHEAT.DAT file, or by turning off cheats, and then turning them back on.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree that the cheats.gbatemp.net page isn't particularly easy to find. Sure, if you know it's there it's simple to type in the url or just choose your bookmark, but if you don't know it's there, it's hard to come across it without coming across a link in threads.

The obvious way to look, clicking on downloads, and then choosing the cheat files section, takes you to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=57 which has a bunch of outdated cheat files compared to cheats.gbatemp.net

There probably should be a cheats link up in the bar along with downloads, wiki, etc. or at least a link under the cheat files section, so people can find it without just happening to see it mentioned in a thread.

rom666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A link to the cheat database is on the gbatemp homepage. It's the first link under "Guides and FAQs".

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rom666 said:
A link to the cheat database is on the gbatemp homepage. It's the first link under "Guides and FAQs".

So it is, but it's not a guide or a FAQ. It should be under "Site Navigation" at the top, or at least in the Site Features Index.

-Bri

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rom666 said:

Oh, wow, that's way down the page and in a very unobvious location. But thanks for pointing out it is there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-