Update Wii U after softmod ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by pasc, Jun 9, 2013.

1. pasc
    OP

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Since I'm planning to softmod the vWii of my Wii U I gotta ask:

Is it safe to update the Wii U after softmodding it like this with the new hack Mii Installer ?

Or might doing so result in a brick ?

2. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    The worst that will happen is a vWii brick, but that's exceedingly unlikely. That will only happen if the vWii is updated, which has not happened yet.

3. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States
    to clarify on that....it will only brick if they program an update specifically to brick it if vWii is modded

4. metroid maniac

May 16, 2009
    Yes, or if you don't know what you're doing when you softmod. Just follow the guides and ask questions about things you're uncertain of, and you won't brick your Wii U or vWii.

5. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States

that part you would have to worry about with soft modding any device... but with updating , your main worries would be that they either patch it where HBC will be deleted (and new method is needed to install), or the even more rare option where they would brick the vWii (but seeing how they have usually just gone with option one for all the Wii updates i doubt they would just start now)

by the looks of it though, they MAY start blocking updates for modded systems, but that cannot be officially confirmed yet seeing how it has only popped up on RARE cases while a bunch of us (including myself) are able to update our systems just fine with HBC installed

6. metroid maniac

May 16, 2009

Nintendo's pretty bad when it comes to fighting modders. Just check GBATemp whenever a new update comes out to see what the best solution is.