Update to latest version then hardmod downgrade?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 2haloes, Dec 5, 2015.

1. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    Hello there, I am having an issue where my 3ds updated itself (I'm getting everything together to get it hardmodded) but for the time being, is it safe to update and the hardmod still work fine? I just want to know because I want to play smash Bros with a friend and it needs me to update which I can't do without updating my system. Thank you for reading

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Before doing anything do you have a Nand backup from when you were on 9.2 or below?

2haloes likes this.
  3. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    Yes, and it doesn't matter if I'm above that version anyway right? (I just want to make sure because the last risk I took forced me to reinstall my Tablet's OS)

4. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    shouldnt though you can download updates for smash bros without updating your system the CIAs are online on *that site* just install them GG

5. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    It would help but my 3ds is above version 9.2 for now anyway. And I found that my Wii U will just take both systems fine so crisis averted

6. Karuta

Karuta

Nov 4, 2015
    As long as you have a NAND backup of your own console from when you were on 9.2 or below then you're good.

2haloes likes this.
  7. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    Thanks, I just like to make sure, I'm sure that nothing can be done to block the hardmod with a software update but I can't be too careful