Question update switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by _jayjesus_, Oct 10, 2018.

1. _jayjesus_
    OP

_jayjesus_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Portugal
    hello guys, im new in here.
    i have a question. im a user of sx pro , but i would like to know if its safe updat the console(mine is 5.1) via normal mode and going online on normal games. without the sx , its safe to play switch online in normal??
    thank you guys

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    No. However, it's believed that it's safer if you only use .xcis. .nsps will leave traces that can be detected in OFW. There may still be other traces left regardless though.
    If you use emuNAND, in theory it should be safe to go online in OFW sysNAND, as long as your sysNAND is completely untouched and you never ran homebrew or CFW on it (or you restore a NAND backup you made before running CFW/homebrew which would remove any traces)

_jayjesus_ likes this.
  3. epickid37
    This message by epickid37 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 15, 2018, Reason: Requested.
    Oct 10, 2018
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It DOES NOT resize your NAND. It creates files on sysNAND containing the emuNAND file system, these are not detectable by Nintendo currently.

5. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Mt. Celeste
    Nice! Didn't know that

Last edited by epickid37, Oct 10, 2018
  6. epickid37
    This message by epickid37 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 10, 2018.
    Oct 10, 2018