Hacking Update fail

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to update to the newest 3.0.4 but as soon as I press A to continue after updating the screen goes black or striped and I'm forced to hold the power button down to restart. Help, thank you.

krion64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update to the newest 3.0.4 but as soon as I press A to continue after updating the screen goes black or striped and I'm forced to hold the power button down to restart. Help, thank you.
I think I had the same problem you have. You just updated EmuNAND right? I have been told you need a gateway to boot in.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does that mean? Thanks.
It means you need a gateway device to boot into emunand on anything higher than 4.5. If you are updating the gateway card it's self, I don't know what your problem could be. Mine updated on the old 3.0.1 or whatever the first ultra was.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not quite sure I understand. I was like you on the first Ultra 3. whatever, EmuNAND was 9.5 something, then I put the new 3.0.4 Launcher in the SD, booted Gateway holding R and updated it. Finishes, press A to continue, black screen. This is what I usually did... Thanks.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you were suppose to wait until after you update red card than update emunand to 9.5, not update emunand than update red card.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think you were suppose to wait until after you update red card than update emunand to 9.5, not update emunand than update red card.

I actually did, I had nothing else to try so after it constantly gave me black screens even on EmuNAND 9.4 I updated it to 9.5 and then retried. Same problem...

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do you need to update the red card? I put the 3.0.4 launcher on the sdcard. updated to 9.5 and everything is working. I never updated the red card itself.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verify your sysnand, backup SD card to PC, rebuild emunand, do the update for red card, boot back into emunand, verify gw firmware in system settings, AFTER VERIFYING UPDATE FIRMWARE RIGHT THERE IN SYSTEM SETTINGS.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok never mind guys, my bad. In Gateway menu it's showing 3.0.4 so I'm guessing it did update in the end. I still don't understand the black screen freeze at the end of the update but honestly who cares. Thank you to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1