1. soratobuneko

soratobuneko Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hey. I'm a bit confused about how to install "raw" atmosphere to solve this issue.

If I'm correct I should get latest hekate and atmosphere. Ok but what about the patches? On Joonie86/hekate you either have two kosmos patches zip (I tried both, without success) and one 7zip archive for atmosphere (but I don't understand where to put its content)

If I understand t1op and RedHotSgtPeppers, they got the issue solved for latest Kosmos, right?

Anyone could explain step-by-step how to solve the game installing/running with latest Atmosphere or Kosmos?

Thanks

2. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    In regards to sig patches, they get downloaded separately.

In regards to corrupt games, an easy solution is to just install an update over them if they have one, that works for me.

Supreme23 likes this.
  3. soratobuneko

soratobuneko Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I know that sig patches are downloaded separately. I installed Luigi's Mansion update and still doesn't work :/

4. t1op

t1op GBAtemp Regular

United States
    By "raw" I understand that you need to delete the atmosphere and bootloader folders so you remove any trace of previous versions/settings. (Beforehand I was just copying the new versions on top of the old ones. It's possible something else on the sd card could be causing issues, but that wasn't the case for me.)
    After I did that, copying the latest Kosmos with sig patches package worked fine.
    If there is something else causing a problem you could try this: copy everything except your Nintendo folder into a "new folder" then install your latest Kosmos and sig patches. If everything then works you could reintroduce the items in your new folder back to the root individually to identify the culprit.

PS If I remember correctly when I had any game corrupted I had to reinstall it fresh. I installed a tiny eshop game when I was trying to find a solution so that reinstalling it multiple times was easy.

Last edited by t1op, Feb 2, 2020
  5. soratobuneko

soratobuneko Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Well, seems that it was some kind of partition corruption. I formated my SD and now Kosmos 5.1 on 9.1.0 is working fine.

6. bruins6388

bruins6388 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi guys,

I have a similar issue.

Yesterday I updated to 9.1 and AMS 10.0.2 since then, none of my games seem to work. I wiped and formatted my SD card multiple times (Exfat) and started with a fresh copy of AMS 10.0.2 and tried to install some games I previously had on the switch, the games install fine however when trying to launch the games I am met with the error "software requires an update".

I go ahead an update the software to the latest version and try to launch and then receive the error. "The software was closed because an error occurred" I've updated my sig files correctly (fusee and the fusee patches applied) I believe. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

One thing I should mention is that I tried a game that I did not previously update on my switch (before wiping the SD card) and it appeared to be successful not sure if this helps diagnose the issue.

Thanks for your help!

7. Lumona

Lumona Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    I know it may sound dumb but have you may try the below process :
    - Format the SD card to Fat32 (full format, lots of developers recommend Fat32 over exFat)
    - Download AMS 10.0.2 again - > extract to sd
    - Download sig patches "gbatemp. net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/" -> extract the contents inside the folder "2.0.0-9.1.0" and copy to sd
    - Install base game (without updates / dlc) and test run. The error "software requires an updates" sounds like some DLC required higher version of the base game. So if base game works then the problems may come from DLC / updates files (bad files / bad update method ?)

8. bruins6388

bruins6388 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi, I seem to have fixed the issue. Basically because I am trying to load base versions of games that previously had updates applied to them, the game crashes unless I reset the version. That being said it's all working now however it appears that updates no longer seem to work for certain titles I had before (I am not sure why that is) Not sure if anyone knows but do the updates have to be installed in order? For example 1.0 - 1.1 - 1.2 or can I just jump right to 1.2 as this was what I was doing to cause the issues (going from 1.0 to 1.2)

Thanks!

9. hailcfw

hailcfw Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Dear god Bluedart, thank you so much for finding out what this issue was!

I ran into some kind of issue with sept files overnight and ran dual clean reinstalls of atmosphere//hekate//Kosmos. When I tried to play any of my games, boot into CFW, download anything with gold leaf I was getting all sorts of confusing errors (and I thought I had a handle on things!)

Adding that code into the .ini fine fixed the issue pronto and has reallowed me to install and play the NSPs that were corrupted after this update cycle. What a headache!! (1:35AM)

Still running into a strange issue where Kosmos won’t boot from CFW Sysnand on main page but whatever, after this whole dilemma I’m pretty much set on strictly fusee-payloading into clean atmosphere so that I don’t have to worry about those kinds of issues.

Godspeed my good men. This was the most confusing crap ever. Glad it got sorted out. Lol

10. nickerous

nickerous GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do so add that in my bct.ini? I usually boot into fusee primary, but I’m getting the error after updating.

11. yungsizzlemizzle

Newcomer

United States
    could you please tell me which ini i would edit and where i would insert that line? ive been messing around for hours and would love to know how you did it. i tried adding it to the hekate.ini under the atmosphere section and it just made it so i couldnt boot atmosphere which makes me think i didnt do it correctly

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Update, Broke, Games