Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

Dudes8475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't on 11.0, because there is not an arm11 kernel exploit (svchax, also called memchunkhax2.1 doesn't work). So, for now, you can't do nothing on 11.0. So, you have to downgrade to 9.2, or wait for a hypothetical arm9 exploit on 11.0 (never?). If you only want to pirate games, buy a sky 3ds+ instead.

Eventually, they will full crack 11.0 so nothing is hypothetical, its more of a "when" situation. Mods and cool stuff are still being made and discovered on the wii.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean with Ninty's software there's probably always a hole somewhere, and if there isn't they will find some way to introduce a new one by trying to patch up other ones (arm9loader being a prime example, which gave us the ultimate exploit known as arm9loaderhax)

Yuraklian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You can't on 11.0, because there is not an arm11 kernel exploit (svchax, also called memchunkhax2.1 doesn't work). So, for now, you can't do nothing on 11.0. So, you have to downgrade to 9.2, or wait for a hypothetical arm9 exploit on 11.0 (never?). If you only want to pirate games, buy a sky 3ds+ instead.
Ok

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal when homebrew is installed (but not anything with custom frameworks) for your installed 3DS games to re-package themselves and act like they're new? I don't lose save data or anything, but it happens from time to time. This happens when I boot up my 3DS into the main menu. I have 11.0.0 and a new 3DSXL.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal when homebrew is installed (but not anything with custom frameworks) for your installed 3DS games to re-package themselves and act like they're new? I don't lose save data or anything, but it happens from time to time. This happens when I boot up my 3DS into the main menu. I have 11.0.0 and a new 3DSXL.
I think that happens when you got to the home menu without your SD Card in. It's custom firmware btw.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that happens when you got to the home menu without your SD Card in. It's custom firmware btw.
That's funny, because it's a N!3DS which means the SD card is permanently stuck in my 3DS. Maybe it just takes a second to load now that it has all this other stuff on it, and this glitch results.

Anyway, thanks for the answer!

There's no such thing as perfect code...
Have to agree. It's why we need antiviruses...and why even THOSE can get exploited.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
That's funny, because it's a N!3DS which means the SD card is permanently stuck in my 3DS. Maybe it just takes a second to load now that it has all this other stuff on it, and this glitch results.

Anyway, thanks for the answer!

Have to agree. It's why we need antiviruses...and why even THOSE can get exploited.
Sdiconhax (aka Menuhax for 10.6-11.0) has that kind of inconvenience.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the unique OTP?..... You need it (or bruteforce it years).
Maybe it's possible (with a little bit of... magic..)
I'm pretty sure he's talking about only using network transfer for the hack files rather than a SD card reader...

If that's the case, then yes you should be able to get by with that although it will take forever to transfer the multiple backups that you need to make...

Reactions: RealityNinja

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure he's talking about only using network transfer for the hack files rather than a SD card reader...

If that's the case, then yes you should be able to get by with that although it will take forever to transfer the multiple backups that you need to make...
So how long do you think it might take? I was asking if anyone attempted to do it yet :P

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how long do you think it might take? I was asking if anyone attempted to do it yet :P
Well...

The fastest my N3DS can transfer files over Wi-Fi is something like 1MB/sec...

at that speed, transferring a 1GB backup would take around 16-17 minutes...

Now, if you take a class 10 SD card and USB reader that same backup would take 1 minute and 40 seconds...

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no such thing as perfect code...
Perfect code no, but you also have to consider there are different levels of exploitability. I mean just look at the xbox 360. Basically all it can do right now, even after 10+ years, is play disc backups.
There will always be exploits, but whether they can get us what we need for certain things is the issue.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...

The fastest my N3DS can transfer files over Wi-Fi is something like 1MB/sec...

at that speed, transferring a 1GB backup would take around 16-17 minutes...

Now, if you take a class 10 SD card and USB reader that same backup would take 1 minute and 40 seconds...

You also have to make multiple backups (sysNAND and emuNAND...)

You could probably shave some time off by not transferring every single backup to the PC but then you're taking a very big risk if your SD card somehow got formatted before you copied them...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know to be honest, i am disappointed in nintendo. If they knew they were gonna hae to rely on wireless file transfers for the system memory card management, why didn't they upgrade the wifi to 5.0 GHZ AC? I know it would make the system cost more. But is it worth forcing us to use only micro sd cards and not selling charger and putting the sd card slot in such a poor place? It didn't cost any less. I guess they can expect people not needing to always pull it out constantly. But still. Maybe including a smal screwdriver to least be able to open the thing would be nice. I had to use a spreading knife to open the case to replace the memory card. Then they made that circle pad pro, and tell us to use a coin to open it up to replace batteries. :glare:

Reactions: Lightyose

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect code no, but you also have to consider there are different levels of exploitability. I mean just look at the xbox 360. Basically all it can do right now, even after 10+ years, is play disc backups.
There will always be exploits, but whether they can get us what we need for certain things is the issue.
You've gotta wonder though... is that partially because all people were interested in were playing "backups"?

I mean, if there's no interest to crack open the software why would anyone bother?
You know to be honest, i am disappointed in nintendo. If they knew they were gonna hae to rely on wireless file transfers for the system memory card management, why didn't they upgrade the wifi to 5.0 GHZ AC? I know it would make the system cost more. But is it worth forcing us to use only micro sd cards and not selling charger and putting the sd card slot in such a poor place? It didn't cost any less. I guess they can expect people not needing to always pull it out constantly. But still. Maybe including a smal screwdriver to least be able to open the thing would be nice. I had to use a spreading knife to open the case to replace the memory card. Then they made that circle pad pro, and tell us to use a coin to open it up to replace batteries. :glare:

the Wi-Fi not being 5GHz isn't the problem... 2.4 can still be much faster than SD cards...

The problem is that they must have decided to use the worst possible 2.4GHz Wi-Fi chip... that or the internal SD reader simply can't read it fast enough...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've gotta wonder though... is that partially because all people were interested in were playing "backups"?

I mean, if there's no interest to crack open the software why would anyone bother?

the Wi-Fi not being 5GHz isn't the problem... 2.4 can still be much faster than SD cards...

The problem is that they must have decided to use the worst possible 2.4GHz Wi-Fi chip... that or the internal SD reader simply can't read it fast enough...
So what is the exact specifications? 2.4GHZ B/G/N
Even that should be okay for network file transfer with the right routers. I have a 5GHZ AC dual band router 1750 and those tansfer speeds between 2 5G connected devices are amazing, any 2.4G is awful. I doubt any game consoles with 2.4G has Least N connection, most have up to b/G and that is it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: i was just "window" shopping