Upcoming Xbox Live Updates

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jun 11, 2009.

Jun 11, 2009

Upcoming Xbox Live Updates by Rock Raiyu at 7:31 AM (1,171 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    [​IMG]

News Source: Gaming Front

2. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Ugh. Paying for a toy for my digital avatar? That's almost as bad as paying monthly money for a Gold membership.

I AM excited about the creditcard payment thing, it's about time those lame microsoft points went out the window. Not that it matters to people who mod their xbox, but still.

3. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Looks pretty cool, though I read game-based items as in-game items and thought WHAT?!.

4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    I think now Microsoft is going down [​IMG]. Come on...Toys for your Ava? Download 7GB big games from the crappy server with my crappy connection? This is a big fail for me, not more...I have to rethink if I'm going to buy one, if they continue like that...

The best thing will be that now someone could maybe get the Info how to play games from HD...not more...

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    $4 for a little digital toy that people will see and think your kewl [​IMG]
    (halo fanboys will be all over it though most likely... >_> )

6. Rock Raiyu
    OP

United States
    You know, I just realized. The Lego came on the screen says its only 5.7GB but aren't all games 7GB? Where did the other 1.3GB go? or maybe it was just this game?

7. Zidapi

Member Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    What? Where did you get that idea? Have you seen the list of games and their harddrive requirements?

I'm not even sure where you would get such an idea...

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

LOL its called PADDING when its on a disk they fill it with ZERO BYTES or blank data to fill the disk! A digital download does not need PADDING!

They do it with DS ROMS (trimming removes the excess), they do it with Wii games Scrubbing removes the excess, they do it with PS2 games by adding DUMMY files! removing these is also like trimming/scrubbing!

Its been done for years on almost all formats! [​IMG]

9. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    kobykan is right

also is this update bringing the SKY tv feature?

10. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I think it's a great idea. Saves you money/time from going to the store and buying it. Also, you don't have to go around different stores to find the game. If you're a messy person and you lose stuff easily, you don't have to worry anymore 'cause you'll always have the game with you. Sounds great to me.

11. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Looks like a pretty good idea, but.. What if one of my friends wants a game that I already downloaded? Can't I just go to their Xbox, sign in, and download it? How will Microsoft profit from this? [​IMG]

12. Rock Raiyu
    OP

United States
    I believe this feature is for the UK only. But its not in this update.

13. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Guys.. I would really like this answered.

14. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Most likely its a digital signature check tied to your live account. Like in existing such download-ware (ie: bioware/steam) in order to play the game it will fire off a check to the live account prior to loading. Your friend would have to be logged in as you every time in order to even just play it single player. As I understand it, your live account already has a signature/handshake with your actual console.

I wouldn't put it past MS to make it one console at a time, activate the game on one console will null the authentication on the previous. Should you want to play again you'll have to go through re-authorisation and null your mates copy. Very sensible really. This type of digital download with online authentication targets software companies biggest threat, second hand games.

15. updowners

Member updowners lurklurklurk

Australia
    $4 for a virtual item that doesn't do shit. Thanks Microsoft. I'm off to pirate some of your games.

16. DrCaptainHarlock

Member DrCaptainHarlock Hustle bones comin' out my mouth

Japan
    Oh boy, I bet Square's gonna release a radio controlled Chocobo toy or something when FFXIII comes out. I'd pay $4 for that. I'd also buy a Master Chef helmet and tell people to never ever swear.

17. Da Foxx

Member Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm disappointed in the avatar marketplace already. Although, its a smart move by Microsoft because they are sheep out there that will be willing to pay four dollars for something like that.

Also, does this mean no more new clothing for our avatars? I'm kinda disappointed in our selection of clothing for the avatars. [​IMG]