Hacking WIP Upcoming update for the SwitchBru DNS

LooP403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was just wondering if this DNS doubles as an update blocker. I've been hesitant to use it just in case it isn't but I thought I may as well ask.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was just wondering if this DNS doubles as an update blocker. I've been hesitant to use it just in case it isn't but I thought I may as well ask.
We're actually 90% sure it blocks updates already. It opens the browser when any attempt is made to connect to the internet. :)

Reactions: Ep8Script

LooP403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So say if I ( hypothetically) Hit the software update button and it triggers a software update it'll most likely just boot into the browser?

Reactions: Ep8Script

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, sorry for all the constant delays and no real release date set yet, but this will likely be released next week at the earliest, because something really big came up on Wednesday, and also the fact that school's coming back up soon and I still haven't got messages or adding friends working yet - I'll try my best to have it done as soon as I can, thank you all for your patience and understanding. :)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Two questions @Ep8Script
  1. Could you include the "install" and "run" button needed for the hbmenu on 3.0.0 into your DNS page?
  2. Could we use some altered form of the FAKE NEWS script to access your DNS page directly from the news section instead of going through internet settings all the time?
And of course blocking updates would be kind of important as well but this has been said here multiple times. :P

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could we use some altered form of the FAKE NEWS script to access your DNS page directly from the news section instead of going through internet settings all the time?
You can just open the game update menu by pressing + on any game, going to software update, and then trying to update.

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could set primary to the sw
Yeah that's actually the way to use this obviously but how would that help me? I was asking for the hbmenu things to be included in SW DNS. Having the hbmenu DNS as secondary DNS won't help me at all. I would only get there if SW DNS is offline.
You can just open the game update menu by pressing + on any game, going to software update, and then trying to update.
Hm? That are you talking about? I'm aware of how to do updates and I don't intend to do them lol.

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Two questions @Ep8Script
  1. Could you include the "install" and "run" button needed for the hbmenu on 3.0.0 into your DNS page?
  2. Could we use some altered form of the FAKE NEWS script to access your DNS page directly from the news section instead of going through internet settings all the time?
And of course blocking updates would be kind of important as well but this has been said here multiple times. :P
I'm not really sure if the homebrew menu works through it. There is version checking though so maybe at some point it could work, you'd have to ask @vgmoose about it though, probably.

Not sure about the Fake News, I understand what it is but I'm not really sure if I'd know how to do it, sorry.

And it does block updates. :)

You could set primary to the sw

What he said is exactly right... if you have our DNS server set, any way you attempt to connect to the internet apart from the eShop will open the browser up.

Yeah that's actually the way to use this obviously but how would that help me? I was asking for the hbmenu things to be included in SW DNS. Having the hbmenu DNS as secondary DNS won't help me at all. I would only get there if SW DNS is offline.

Hm? That are you talking about? I'm aware of how to do updates and I don't intend to do them lol.

So it won't actually update the game, he means if you open the game settings and go to update, it will open the browser as long as you are connected to the DNS. Hope that helps.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not really sure if the homebrew menu works through it. There is version checking though so maybe at some point it could work, you'd have to ask @vgmoose about it though, probably.
Thanks for that quick reply man. :) @vgmoose since the source for the web host package is linked here it could be possible to include those install and run payloads (or whatever they are) into your nice SwitchBru DNS site, right? That'd be fantastic! :)
Not sure about the Fake News, I understand what it is but I'm not really sure if I'd know how to do it, sorry.
That Fake News install script is available in the PegaSwitch repo. Dunno whether it could be adjusted. More likely your server would have to be adjusted as (if I got that right) PegaSwitch have to be launched with a specific argument (--webapplet) in order to listen for clients that are approaching an entry from that news widget. Here's the main thread for that: click me.

It's just a suggestion what I wrote but I'd imagine if your DNS page supports all the feature from first post's YT video and the necessary things for the hbmenu, every 3.0.0 user would be completely satisfied and more than happy to use it. :)
And it does block updates.
Awesome. Sorry if you already posted this in an earlier post in this thread. Didn't read it all. :P

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a half finished post (thanks draft)
Realised it wouldn't work so posted something else.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That opens the browser, it doesn't update because you can't connect to the internet without going through the sign in menu.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's a half finished post (thanks draft)
Realised it wouldn't work so posted something else.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That opens the browser, it doesn't update because you can't connect to the internet without going through the sign in menu.
Yeah @Ep8Script already cleared that up for me so thanks for the tip. I would however still prefer if that PegaSwitch Fake News widget would work. :P

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Ep8Script can you send me your actual work for 4.0.0 update i will try to help you
Lol thanks, but the good news is the progress for this is picking up the pace. Friends are almost completely implemented, along with the brand new Friend Corner(!!), and following that, all I have to do is messages so hopefully that doesn't take me 10 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw