unPatching Wii ISO...?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by aaron_McNiven, Jan 4, 2010.

Jan 4, 2010

unPatching Wii ISO...? by aaron_McNiven at 1:51 AM (1,920 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. aaron_McNiven
    OP

Newcomer aaron_McNiven Advanced Member

Australia
    Hey, remember back in the good ol' days when we had to patch Wii ISO's to get them to boot on the backup launcher made by Waninkoko? Well, Dolphin wont boot my patched ISO's, and i don't want to download them again... Is there any way to un-patch them so Dolphin wont tell me its corrupted =P

Thanks~ [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It is not so much patching but unscrambling/decrypting the main .dol file from what I recall.

True encryption would require nintendo's keys but you could probably pull something off with one of the various signing apps. Naturally this would require a wii/emulator able to read fakesigned stuff (I doubt the emulator will flag that).
    Option 2 (and I am not sure it exists) is alt dol but I doubt the emulator supports such a thing.

Personally: scrubbed isos are not hard to find and most of the games from around that time were not that big. Granted you probably have some nasty download limits but as an end of the month job it should be OK.

3. aaron_McNiven
    OP

Australia
  4. smash_brew

Member smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

United States
    There is an undecrypter type thing out there. I saw it in a thread here a while back. I don't remember what it was called or who made it but such a program does exist.

5. old_darkness

Newcomer old_darkness Member

Germany
  6. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You get the best anser you can get and this is what you answer? If you don't understand it, please remain at 4chan.

7. aaron_McNiven
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for all the help peepz! [​IMG] Soz for late reply, ive been busy =P
    Also @ mousex, screw you. lulwut means i didnt understand. was it because you wanted me to use please and thankyou that made you mad? aw