Hacking unPatching Wii ISO...?

aaron_McNiven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, remember back in the good ol' days when we had to patch Wii ISO's to get them to boot on the backup launcher made by Waninkoko? Well, Dolphin wont boot my patched ISO's, and i don't want to download them again... Is there any way to un-patch them so Dolphin wont tell me its corrupted =P

Thanks~
gbasp.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not so much patching but unscrambling/decrypting the main .dol file from what I recall.

True encryption would require nintendo's keys but you could probably pull something off with one of the various signing apps. Naturally this would require a wii/emulator able to read fakesigned stuff (I doubt the emulator will flag that).
Option 2 (and I am not sure it exists) is alt dol but I doubt the emulator supports such a thing.

Personally: scrubbed isos are not hard to find and most of the games from around that time were not that big. Granted you probably have some nasty download limits but as an end of the month job it should be OK.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is an undecrypter type thing out there. I saw it in a thread here a while back. I don't remember what it was called or who made it but such a program does exist.

aaron_McNiven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help peepz!
smile.gif
Soz for late reply, ive been busy =P
Also @ mousex, screw you. lulwut means i didnt understand. was it because you wanted me to use please and thankyou that made you mad? aw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended