Hacking Question unpatched unit from Amazon?

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont necessarily know until they ship, but when they do ship Amazon will provide the serial numbers for each unit under the orders tab.

leon8179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont necessarily know until they ship, but when they do ship Amazon will provide the serial numbers for each unit under the orders tab.
wow, I don't know this. Maybe I can just deny the package if the serial number is not good?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How does the quantity affect the patched/unpatched situation? thinks:unsure:
I think right now the ratio it is about half/half? Of course I don't need all 5 consoles...

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 consoles wow, you know the money! :P
Would buy from the store to support Nintendo, but yeah, most likely all units are patched already.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to deny package just take them in and make a-z claim. If you have a prime account it'll take 2 days but they wont give you any hassle returning them.

leon8179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Order just one when it ships you'll know the serial number then use this thread to confirm.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
There's no way of telling what warehouse they're gonna pull it from , its most likely the closest one,and how long the units have been sitting there for. Might get lucky, might not.
thanks for the advice

Order just one when it ships you'll know the serial number then use this thread to confirm.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
There's no way of telling what warehouse they're gonna pull it from , its most likely the closest one,and how long the units have been sitting there for. Might get lucky, might not.
I hope I ask amazon to send me a specific SN range :rofl:

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Not sure where you are located but are there any local electronic/game stores nearby?
At least for me, I was able to go to my local store (BestBuy... booo) and told the sales person that I was looking for "certain" serial# range. He went back to the warehouse and brought out (3) Switches with lower serial#s (exactly what I was looking for!) with the original firmware at 4.1. So I ended up purchasing all three ;)
Definitely try out your local stores if any are available, good luck!

Last edited by Krazyeye,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, I don't know this. Maybe I can just deny the package if the serial number is not good?

Don't pull that crap. It's a real a-hole move.

as others have mentioned get in your car, drive to some stores. You will probably find some older units in stock.

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just go to a couple stores locally and hunt for one or go on ebay and look for them advertised as not patched. It's silly to order 5 and keep returning them. It's also a good chance that they are all from the same lot and all patched anyway. Amazon is a high volume retailer.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Given p, the probability of one console being unpatched, and considering the pool of consoles in Amazon's stock big enough so the effect of one purchase does not modify the probability distribution for further purchases,

the likelihood of at least one of the five consoles being unpatched is: likelihood = [1- (1-p)5]

Reactions: fedehda

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think right now the ratio it is about half/half? Of course I don't need all 5 consoles...
if 1 is patched they will all be thats just how amazon works

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just go to a couple stores locally and hunt for one or go on ebay and look for them advertised as not patched. It's silly to order 5 and keep returning them. It's also a good chance that they are all from the same lot and all patched anyway. Amazon is a high volume retailer.

Would there be any stores with unpatched ones left?

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just buy the super mario odyssey bundle it's currently not patched for sure (iirc the splatoon 2 bundle is the same deal)

Would there be any stores with unpatched ones left?
I went to a gamestop and gave them a list with the serial ranges and they found me one new and unpatched (just if you do this make sure it's not a busy time) and there were plenty of used ones (I didn't want one though)
A lady there told me their stock isn't always switched out so sometimes you'll just find what you're looking for

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse