Unofficial Hakchi2/Manual Hacking Thread

Mafia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
[/QUOTE]
Made this super easy to follow tutorial for the official release!

Great installation tutorial video. Are u gonna make another vid on how to add folders and any other features included on hakchi2 so I can direct my friends to instead of explaining to them every small details of how to do it?

Last edited by Mafia,

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario All Stars Wii uses the same rom format as Wii VC, with the .rom file and .pcm audio file. Is it possible to use both directly with the emulator?

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where to post this.

using hakchi2_0.20.rc3 seems to be a problem with how the kernel is shaking hands with the tv. I haven't experimented with this much, but using an automatic HDMI switcher, turning off the console after executing a soft reset to menu using controller puts the snes classic into a state where it will turn itself off milliseconds after the first frames show up on the tv. Rarely the console will randomly actually stay powered and everything is fine. Plugging the HDMI directly into the tv seems to solve this problem. After flashing back to stock kernel, confirmed this does not happen on stock kernel.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where to post this.

using hakchi2_0.20.rc3 seems to be a problem with how the kernel is shaking hands with the tv. I haven't experimented with this much, but using an automatic HDMI switcher, turning off the console after executing a soft reset to menu using controller puts the snes classic into a state where it will turn itself off milliseconds after the first frames show up on the tv. Rarely the console will randomly actually stay powered and everything is fine. Plugging the HDMI directly into the tv seems to solve this problem. After flashing back to stock kernel, confirmed this does not happen on stock kernel.

You should update to 2.20 official as it's much better.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anybody knows how you change the stock images for the preinstalled games ? Since you cant do it through hakchi i figured it fits here better (and it probably will get lost in the main thread anyway).

also anyone knows how to add shaders to retroarch?
Just going through the menue doesnt seem to work (activated a few of the shaders from etc/libretro/shaders but they dont seem to work).

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, looks like I've screwed up the custom firmware option. I first made a dump of the original stock FW. I flashed the custom FW, and all was great. Hakchi 2.20 had a green circle bottom left of it's window. I set the FTP, and FTP's into the SNES mini. I set the FTP settings to 1 download at a time, and began to back up the contents of the file system. After doing one folder, my FTP client started to report connection aborted, 500 Snes Mini not found. Looked that Hakchi 2.20, and the bottom left green circle had turned red.

Now, whilst in custom FW mode, the SNES Mini, doesn't appear to boot. When I power it down, the red power light flashes approx every 13s. I need to disconnect the USB.

I can flash back the stock FW, and then it boots as normal on the TV. I can flash back the custom FW, but then I'm back to the same problem again :/

Anyone any ideas?

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, looks like I've screwed up the custom firmware option. I first made a dump of the original stock FW. I flashed the custom FW, and all was great. Hakchi 2.20 had a green circle bottom left of it's window. I set the FTP, and FTP's into the SNES mini. I set the FTP settings to 1 download at a time, and began to back up the contents of the file system. After doing one folder, my FTP client started to report connection aborted, 500 Snes Mini not found. Looked that Hakchi 2.20, and the bottom left green circle had turned red.

Now, whilst in custom FW mode, the SNES Mini, doesn't appear to boot. When I power it down, the red power light flashes approx every 13s. I need to disconnect the USB.

I can flash back the stock FW, and then it boots as normal on the TV. I can flash back the custom FW, but then I'm back to the same problem again :/

Anyone any ideas?
You should do a clean uninstall and try to flash the custom firmware again.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anybody knows how you change the stock images for the preinstalled games ? Since you cant do it through hakchi i figured it fits here better (and it probably will get lost in the main thread anyway).

also anyone knows how to add shaders to retroarch?
Just going through the menue doesnt seem to work (activated a few of the shaders from etc/libretro/shaders but they dont seem to work).

K i got the custom images working (ftp into the snes mini and change the files in usr/share directly if anyone wonders).

i cant get any shaders to work on retroarch though. anybody can help me with that? otherwise im pretty much done modding :-) only thing i truely miss

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give me detailed steps on how to get games like Illusion of Gaia, Star Ocean, and Terranigma to work? I've tried installing the retroarch core and putting --retroarch at the end of the command line but it's not working.
EDIT: Never mind I got it to work, had to install snes9x.

Last edited by Deleted member 110780,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
How come everyone else can get the source to compile but every time I try it I get this?
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.zh-TW.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Error Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate store. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.fr-FR.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.ru-RU.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.nl.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.de-DE.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.zh-CHT.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.pl-PL.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.id-ID.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.sv-SE.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.zh-CHS.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.fi-FI.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning Unable to find code signing certificate in the current user’s Windows certificate store. To correct this, either disable signing of the ClickOnce manifest or install the certificate into the certificate store. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.en-GB.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.pt-PT.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.el-GR.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.es-ES.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.da-DK.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.ca-ES.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.uk-UA.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.it-IT.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.bg-BG.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.sk-SK.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Warning A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Properties\Resources.es-AR.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. hakchi_gui
Don't know if you already figured this out or not...
Once it's open in visual studio, expand the properties thing in solution view/list and select all the .resx files, right click and click run custom tool....it generates the resource designer files. and it should build then. :)

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if you already figured this out or not...
Once it's open in visual studio, expand the properties thing in solution view/list and select all the .resx files, right click and click run custom tool....it generates the resource designer files. and it should build then. :)
Thanks. Maybe I'll try that next time a big update is coming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1