Hacking unlock ds volume limit

mr_ds_bee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, i kind of had enough of the ds lite speaker volume now. When playing (all) games, i find myself wanting to turn it up.. However, i then realise how much it is already all the way up and how quiet it is on highest volume!!

I remember the old ds, i used to frequently turn it DOWN at times, because the sound was just incredible.. and the same with my psp.

But with the ds lite and its smaller top lid, im guessing either that the speakers are at their maximum potential when the volume slider is all the way up.. or like the sony nw-hd5 mp3 walkmans, they have some kind of limiter on them.

Is there any way to unlock said volume level to make the ds lite as loud as it is bright? It would be awesome if there could. I find most movies and songs and games on the ds lite to be very quiet at times, especially new super mario bros (except for a few sounds). Phoenix wrights (objection!) sound etc is pretty loud, but the music is alot quieter..

I just cant seem to get my head around the volume of the ds lite.

frown.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still find the volume to be quite low on my ds phat..
unsure.gif

Anyways, you can buy one of those headphones with an 'extra' volume like I have.. or use your comp speakers and plug them in into the headphone out.
wub.gif

But regarding if there is a homebrew program that could put the max volume higher permanently. I think it could be possible, however.. the ds speakers ain't capable of handling too much. As you might notice if you ever put 400% volume and max ds volume in moonshell. But increasing it like 25% more.. I don't see why not.

mr_ds_bee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got freakin awesome headphones (sony MDR-EX71SL) but they totally kill outside noise LOL, and so, living in a flat where people usually always ring the doorbell
frown.gif
I am unable to hear that with the headphones in... or the phone ringing etc..

I would just like the ds lite speakers to be a bit louder, not tonnes louder, but enough to create an "atmosphere" if you know what i mean. Because i always feel, that no matter how small the screen is, aslong as there is big sound. That creates a more engaging experience
smile.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The sound through the GBA/SP/Micro/NDS/Lite has always been better (and louder) using earphones. Seems to me that it's by design.
smile.gif

Best solution is to grab a pair of earphones with the volume increase switch, but be careful, there's a reason electronics with audio output are coming with limiters - too loud damages your ears, and the manufacturers aren't looking to get sued by a lawsuit happy North American.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They most likely can't since that is the limit of the hardware, and if their was a way to increase the volume the quality would probably suffer Resulting in static. Since you can't enhance something that was made to run according to the speakers limits, so real speakers would have to do if you wanted to hear all the sounds perfectly.

blackjaguar355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it must have something to do with the firmware or the game software because games vary in sound output.

Example:

Daigasso! Band Brothers - not that loud
Sonic Rush - really loud
(Both games at the highest sound level)

PS:Also, the noise around you can play a mayor role while playing DS Lite
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: