Unlinking CFW problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mario1985555, May 4, 2017.

1. Mario1985555
    OP

Mario1985555 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    Hey everyone I just system formatted my 3DS because of my SD card getting corrupted and to unlink my CFW from my 3DS however once it was done I noticed that when I go on System Settings my version still says "sys" and my Health and Safety is still FBI, I just want to know if I was going to do a system update in the near future would there be any risks of my 3ds bricking if I still have these on?

2. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    System Format doesn't restore inject Health and Safety. And I don't think it will remove CTRNand CFW
    (Assuming that you have CTRNand CFW + A9LH since normal A9LH would turn off, and menuhax won't last from System Format.)

System Format only delete all user data on the system, to make it like brand new machine, not totally restore it to factory state.
    If you bought 3DS on 9.2, update it to 11.4, then System Format. It will stuck on 11.4, not go back to 9.2.

So, some change that not relate to user data (FW update, CTRNand CFW) won't effect by System Format.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    If you are running A9LH, reformatting the system will not remove A9LH. As well you really should have just replaced the SD instead of reformatting the system. The 3DS isn't a computer, reformatting doesn't fix issues like corrupting SD cards.

nechigawara likes this.
  4. Mario1985555
    OP

Mario1985555 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    So if I still have AL9H after the system format does that mean its still safe to do System Updates?

5. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Yes, since Luma3DS on CTRNand is still in bootable state.

6. Mario1985555
    OP

Mario1985555 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    That's good to know I just have one last question if I was to do a system update without the sd card inserted will that change anything?

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    If you have Luma3DS on your CTRNAND, it won't change anything.
    If you don't have Luma3DS on your CTRNAND, your system simply won't boot without the SD card.