Hacking Unlicensed

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent my DSi in for repairs, I got it back and it came with a card stuck onto it

"Unlicensed" "This item is not licensed for use with any of the systems manufactured by Nintendo of America Inc., and does not bear the Official Nintendo Seal.

Use of unlicensed accessories will invalidate your Nintendo product warrenty."

I have an Acekard 2i, but I thought they had no way of knowing that I used it. Is my warranty gone now =/?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I read a similar post to this not long ago.....don't know the end result, maybe you should look it up to see how it was resolved, if it was resolved of course

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
That guy's DSi was a Chinese clone that had been bought accidently by Gamestop. He got a replacement from them.

And to Haloman, you're sure that's all you sent in? Nothing extra. You didn't case mod the DSi at some point (which I doubt you will have done but stranger things have happened e.g. DSi fake)?
If the answer to all of the above is No then contact Nintendo and try to ascertain why they wouldn't fix your DSi, their notes aren't exactly helpful.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201742

This is the said thread. It might apply to you too.
wink.gif

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, I thought he'd gotten a different note stuck to his DSi. If you bought it from Gamestop take it back to them with all the parifinalia and tell them you believe it to be one of the fakes, they should be able to pull up a list of fake serials.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am 100% sure all I sent was a DSi.

I never said they didn't fix it, the R button was messed up, they fixed it, and took off my screen protectors >..> but it's the same sticker from the other topic.

It's a pretty cool sticker, I'm putting it on my wii xD.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
What? I think your R button thing is just a coincidence. If Nintendo put that sticker on it they did nothing to it. Did you get it from Gamestop? If so take it back there and tell them you have reason to believe its one of the fakes they got.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did fix the R button, http://tinypic.com/r/2e5pnog/6 .

"Ninty" are THAT pedantic, my screen protectors were 3 dollars at wal-mart, those freaks took them off, stuck them onto a piece of clear plastic, and put the sticker over them on top of my DSi, I can't believe they would do something like that...

Oh well, Old8oy, thanks for pointing that out. And everyone else that helped.

/thread.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Ninty, you tools...how incredibly stupid...

I wonder why on earth they bothered slapping "unlicensed" onto it. Its like slapping "Unlicensed" on a bunch of stickers that were on it when it came from a 6 year old

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
so you try one to fix one of the mistakes they made with the DS by making the screens easy to scratch and they say it's unlicensed and may void your warranty?

konnan57

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
the unlicensed sticker could have been pertaining to the screen protectors that they removed...

That's exactly what happened to me, I had a top and bottom screen protector on my DSi, and when they returned my DSi they A SINGLE screen protector, yes Nintendo the rich Japs stole my screen protector, in a plastic pouch with the sticker saying that it's void from warranty

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Haven't screen protectors voided warranty since the gameboy days?
I remember people always telling others to remove the protectors when they send them in for repairs.

From nintendo's point of view, the protectors make the touch screen less responsive in some cases, and may damage their reputation because of that.
Still, a pretty easy way for them to weasel their way out of their commitments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64