Uninstalling Internet Explorer?! (completely)

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by IchigoK2031, Jul 25, 2009.

1. IchigoK2031
    OP

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    Short and sweet - does anyone know how to completely uninstall internet explorer

2. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    you can't completely uninstall it cause it's an element of the WIndows operating system.

3. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Yeah...go ahead and uninstall it! When your computer starts a rebellion don't go crying to us.

4. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why would you want to?

5. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Windows 7 allows that feature.
    If you're running an earlier windows operating system, the easiest way would be to use vlite to remove it from the install image.

6. IchigoK2031
    OP

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    First of all you would want to uninstall it, b/c its buggy and horrible(any other browser is better)
    Second of all I'm going to do a clean install of 7, so I'll remove it then.

7. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    As above its hardwired or part of the XP/VISTA code it controls functions in windows explorer as well as on the internet so pretty impossible to remove without consequences!

You don't have to use it at all but the odd web page or so that is still insistent on only being written to be viewed /rendered correctly in IE (It happens) you will find it throws up the odd issue here and there (one reason I have the switchable IE tab addon in Firefox)

WINBLOWZ 7 gives the option to remove it but doubtful that many will do that (with the exception of IchigoK2031) most people just leave it and associate all browser activity's with their browser of choice instead so pages open automatically in that browser [​IMG]

Sure IE is buggy but so is loads of other browsers too Firefox is probably second most used multi O.S. web browser but still has bug fixes quite regular and still has a few more flaws and bugs that lie undiscovered or still awaiting proper fixes!

The same goes for Safari/AOL browsers etc etc etc none of them are 100% perfect!

8. abaddon41_80

Member abaddon41_80 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried uninstalling IE from a Vista machine one time. Let me just say that the results were not good.

9. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Well when you install IE 8 it actually tells you that you can't uninstall it [​IMG]

why why ?

just more MS crap/confusion/nonsense/whatever you want to call it.