Undub and romfs? noob questions

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Kazkari, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Kazkari
    OP

Kazkari Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area, I just got a 3DS XL today and I'm relearning all the CFW type stuff.

I'm on 11.0.0-33 luckily the person who owned it before didn't update much. EU btw.

Anyway I found some undub files for ToA and Stella Glow, the files are romfs.

I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for due to there being so many threads. But basically what CFW do I need to run/apply the translations and where do I put them in the directory? Will these even work on my version?

Thanks.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You can either use luma's romfs loading or uses hans to load the romfs. You can even patch the romfs onto the rom too.

3. Kazkari
    OP

Kazkari Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Thanks for the fast reply, and Luma auto patches the romfs file to the game? I don't have ether game yet so I can't check but I aim to try and get them after Christmas due to post and such it wont make it in time. Sorry about the noob ish questions btw.

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You have to put the romfs in a certain folder and use the latest Luma nightly but it will patch to cart and installed.