Hardware Understanding cfw banning on the 3DS

hlxanthus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I purchased the Hylian Shield edition of the New 2DS XL. Loving it and the included copy of Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I of course just finished installing luma3ds on it. I just want to get a grasp of what a nintendo ban actually does. As near as I can tell it only affects online gaming. I couldnt care less about that. I would still be able to access the eShop and purchase games? Basically I just want to add a few GBA games that I own the physical carts for but no longer own the actual systems. That was the whole reason to add a cfw to it. But there are several games I do want to buy from the eShop down the road. Basically most if not all of the Zelda titles available there.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I purchased the Hylian Shield edition of the New 2DS XL. Loving it and the included copy of Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I of course just finished installing luma3ds on it. I just want to get a grasp of what a nintendo ban actually does. As near as I can tell it only affects online gaming. I couldnt care less about that. I would still be able to access the eShop and purchase games? Basically I just want to add a few GBA games that I own the physical carts for but no longer own the actual systems. That was the whole reason to add a cfw to it. But there are several games I do want to buy from the eShop down the road. Basically most if not all of the Zelda titles available there.
Bans on the 2/3DS are rare and normal bans only affect online play. Eshop is (on the 3DS) not affected in the most cases. I'm just a talking parrot regarding this topic and repeating what I've read countless times (never played online in my life with anything):
  • Do not cheat online.
  • Do not set you favorite app to a homebrew.
  • Do not play (leaked) games before official release.
  • Set the options like in the red box of the get started page of the guide
  • Do not try to redownload games from the shop you did not pay.
I have custom firmware on my 2/3DS consoles for a long time now and I am still able to purchase normally in the shop.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will not be banned solely for having cfw as they cant tell if you are or not as long as you do not make it obvious to them so here is a list of things not to do

dont try to download games you dont own from the eshop (updates are fine but games/dlc. . . no)
dont cheat online
dont play games before their release date
dont mark homebrew apps as your favorite game(title)

and your 3ds reports (to nintendo) the app you currently have open when connected online . . . in addition if you have no game/app open when you connect to the internet then your 3ds will report the last game/app you had open . . . so run homebrew while offline and run any real app before connecting to the internet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)