Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I have a banned+modded (just dvd drive, no jtag) 360 and a regular unbanned system

say if I put my profile on the banned 360 and loaded it (which would now show up as corrupted if you tried to load it on an unbanned 360)
could I use something like to this retrieve the account off the hdd and put it on a different hdd? http://www.dinodirect.com/XBOX-360-Hard-Dr...-Cable-Kit.html

is there a program you could use when you hook it up?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to uncorrupt my profile and game saves using the hdd transfer cable and a couple different programs.

there are some options for accessing the hdd, and i can't remember if the datel or other program worked for me. i'm leaning towards datel. both options are pretty terrible, though.

i then had to go into each folder, and another program corrected the hex code that corrupts the data.

and a third program to re-sign all the files. then, it all got copied back to the hdd.

it was a pain (three profiles, and a TON of saves), it was slow, but it was worth it.

i wish i could help more. but that computer died a few months ago. i know for a fact that a certain warez site specific to the 360 has a guide, which i used.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have some smaller torx screwdrivers you can pull the drive apart and wire it up to your PC (it is just a laptop sata drive which should rock the same connectors). Xplorer360 (make sure you get a version compatible with your drive size- the 250 gig edition has a habit of messing with non 250 gig drives) takes care of the accessing and writing side of things. Equally you can cannibalise one of those MS hard drive transfer tools if you have one.
Option 2 is jump to a USB compatible dashboard, copy things there and grab it all with XTAF.

Live and Save files are CON files. Funnily enough there is a CON uncorrupter program (the basic process is easy enough but since sweenish did his we have a batch program or two to do it all- Consaver being a prominent one http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act...=0#entry4686278 ). MS stopped the corrupting of profiles in one of the updates earlier this year too so move up to that (I assume you are still on whatever one you got banned on), if you are happy to ignore the kinect dash for a while/want an older one http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=9414.0 usually has it all.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the tips, FAST. I have the same problem, and I should actually get around doing this
laugh.gif

I haven't used my 360 since. I should actually update the Dash to avoid this happening again.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so basically just update the banned 360 (via usb drive) and it wont corrupt anymore?
so I could move my profile to either box earn achievements on the banned system and it will show up fine on the regular 360?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might have to uncorrupt the existing files/profiles but yeah the update stopped the corruption from happening again.
It also added USB drive support (you get some space-up to 16 gigs- set aside for such things) making the USB drive appear as a memory card of sorts (before you could only do things like update) so you can transfer stuff more easily (and being a USB drive also transfer it to your PC) and yeah that should stretch to achievements.

You might run into trouble with a few games (you will probably not have your keyvault for that console and have to use another).

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
You might have to uncorrupt the existing files/profiles but yeah the update stopped the corruption from happening again.
It also added USB drive support (you get some space-up to 16 gigs- set aside for such things) making the USB drive appear as a memory card of sorts (before you could only do things like update) so you can transfer stuff more easily (and being a USB drive also transfer it to your PC) and yeah that should stretch to achievements.

You might run into trouble with a few games (you will probably not have your keyvault for that console and have to use another).

You are mixing up things, profiles still get corrupted they only removed the hdd crippling (which means you can install games again on the harddrive) with that update.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh? I was under the impression they restored everything but Live and divx playback (which was tied to it in some way) with that update.

If that is the case you are going to have to either pass things by your PC on the way to the other console or restore the secdata.bin from backup/wear levelling.
http://hackaday.com/2009/11/25/recover-bor...r-xbox-360-ban/
That requires many of the same tools, wiring and techniques as JTAG.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the best/easiest option would be that device then and some program

Im just after the profile, not interested in saves

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes a USB HDD Transfer Kit is really simple. Just plug in everything install the Driver, and then have a program extract the Profile. I personally use Modio, because of it's features, but it seems like you might need another program to Uncorrupt your Profile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission