Hacking Uncompletely installed file taking up space on my 3ds

Keith13024

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using kitkat with fbi's remote install to install pokemon omega ruby cia file on my 3ds. AFter it reached 1.2gb, the installation froze so powered off the 3ds by holding the power button. I tried using sd management to transfer the file to my 3ds but it said my space was not enough. I think the uncompleted installation has taken space on my sd card.
P.S:my sd space was 2.1gb before I started the installation but after rebooting my 3ds the space became 832mb.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using kitkat with fbi's remote install to install pokemon omega ruby cia file on my 3ds. AFter it reached 1.2gb, the installation froze so powered off the 3ds by holding the power button. I tried using sd management to transfer the file to my 3ds but it said my space was not enough. I think the uncompleted installation has taken space on my sd card.
P.S:my sd space was 2.1gb before I started the installation but after rebooting my 3ds the space became 832mb.
You could try backing up your entire SD card onto your computer, formatting it, putting everything back on, and then retrying it. That's the best I can think of.

If yu're using an EmuNAND, you should probably use godmode9 to format it after you've made the backup on PC.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Aluminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it exists, try deleting the Nintendo 3DS\[32 character id]\[32 character id]\00040000\0011C400 folder on your SD. If anything that's where the partially installed game went.

Reactions: Pyra

Keith13024

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could try backing up your entire SD card onto your computer, formatting it, putting everything back on, and then retrying it. That's the best I can think of.

If yu're using an EmuNAND, you should probably use godmode9 to format it after you've made the backup on PC.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk
If I backup wouldn't that also backup the uncompleted file as well?

Keith13024

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it exists, try deleting the Nintendo 3DS\[32 character id]\[32 character id]\00040000\0011C400 folder on your SD. If anything that's where the partially installed game went.
After the second 32 character id there a 4 folders and none of them are the 00040000 folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...